PennWest

www.pennwest.com
There are newer employer reviews for PennWest

Wonderful Place to Work

Current Employee - Administration in Red Deer, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Administration in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

I have been working at PennWest

Pros

Training was excellent and easy to understand, busy,fast paced yet always had time to sit back and enjoy co-workers company, lots of employee perks, great benefits, amazing co-workers, great management

Cons

Because of fluctuations of the oil and gas industry, many times there are lay offs and hiring freezes to prevent movement within the company. So sad to see great co-workers having to pack up their stuff to leave. Wish there was a way to keep all the good people.

Keep up the great work. Even though I was part of your lay offs when times got a little tough, it was a pleasure to work for such a great company. Always consider calling past employees if you have a position available again to see if they would like to come back to old or new positions. It would be easier to bring back an experienced employee than to have to go through training again. I am sure many people would love to come back especially if the reason for leaving was because of slow times.

20 Other Employee Reviews for PennWest (View Most Recent)

Growing company, great atmosphere

Current Employee - Summer Intern in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Summer Intern in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at PennWest

Pros

- Very friendly and open atmosphere. Senior Management are very friendly and approachable
    - Mid-sized company, but has a very small feel to it
    - Nice downtown office! Good location
    - Gym inside the building!
    - Competitive pay & benefits

Cons

- There doesn't seem to be any international opportunities, company is solely based in Canada
    - Might not be easy to transfer from department to department

Even if PennWest does continue to grow and reach the size of Husky & Talisman and the others..don't lose the atmosphere! Keep hiring summer students

I worked with a great team of people

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at PennWest full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My supervisor was great for, he worked very hard to include everyone as part of the group.

Cons

It became tough to work here as there were so many layoffs going on in all departments.

Learn something about the people you are laying off. Some people have been in the industry a long time and do other roles if there current role is not longer required.

There are newer employer reviews for PennWest