PennWest

www.pennwest.com

Great place to start your career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsPenn West highly values it's Summer Students and allows them to contribute on meaningful projects. I've worked in two different departments and they each have a positive attitude towards students. The company gives first preference to those that have previously worked for Penn West. The culture is great. Managers are laid back and allow employees to solve problems on their own. Most employees (senior of junior) are approachable if students have questions. Everyone is happy to work here.

Other great things:
- Gym in the building
- Social club
- Great office location
- Competitive pay
- 4 day weekends in the summer. Field trips, lunch and learns, etc.

ConsSome companies in Calgary have Fridays off in the summer or every other Friday off. Penn West does not offer this. Over the last several years, the company has grown exponentially and the culture is transforming a little as well. The company has less of a small company feel than it did in the past. Can't hold this against them too much since major growth for the company leads to more work for employees.

The stock price has gone down significantly in the last 12-18 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep valuing summer students. Expand the GRP program to other departments. Overall, Penn West is a great place to work as a student.

Wonderful Place to Work

Administration (Current Employee) Red Deer, AB (Canada)

I have been working at PennWest

Pros: Training was excellent and easy to understand, busy,fast paced yet always had time to sit… Cons: Because of fluctuations of the oil and gas industry, many times there are lay offs and hiring freezes to prevent movement within the company. … Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work. Even though I was part of your lay offs when times got a little tough, it was a pleasure… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Growing company, great atmosphere

Summer Intern (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at PennWest

Pros: - Very friendly and open atmosphere. Senior Management are very friendly and approachable - Mid-sized company, but has a… Cons: - There doesn't seem to be any international opportunities, company is solely… Advice to Senior Management: Even if PennWest does continue to grow and reach the size of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PennWest.

Worked for PennWest? Contribute to the Community!