Pennington Biomedical Research Center

www.pbrc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Pennington Biomedical Research Center

Pennington is full of people without character who only think of their own advantage.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Pennington Biomedical Research Center

Pros

Pennington Center is very quite as it was built in the middle of nowhere. This might be beneficial to anyone who likes to work without much distraction.

Cons

The main downside are the people who work there. Most of the faculty knows how to use their elbows. If they don't know from the start, they will learn quickly. The place is characterized by dishonesty and intrigues. All this is enforced by massive budget problems and a boss who has learned how to play the rules in the pharmaceutical industry.

Life is more than compiling grant money. You need to control those people who have no character even though they attract a lot of grant money.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Pennington Biomedical Research Center (View Most Recent)

Great organization. No, really!

I worked at Pennington Biomedical Research Center

Pros

Collaborative environment, firm work hours (no crazy nights/weekends), nice people, great benefits, a feeling of doing really good work, beautiful buildings/landscape.

Cons

The pay is pretty low since it's Louisiana State System, pretty non-receptive to vacation leave, not a huge amount of room for advancement.

You're doing some great work, but understand that people need to feel comfortable taking personal time off (even sick time). I personally don't take much PTO, but I saw others requesting it (and having time saved up) and getting sighs, eyerolls, etc. from management. A little disheartening. Otherwise, a fantastic company and I would definitely recommend it!

I loved working for this company.

Former Employee - Intern in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Intern in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Pennington Biomedical Research Center as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I worked here for my internship and once it came to an end, i didn't want it to stop. You really do make connections with not only the staff but, the patients as well. It was an interesting and fun job to have.

Cons

There really weren't any cons with working here but, the drive and what time i had to wake up in the morning to get there. On the days I had my internship, I knew it was going to be a long day for me with school then work afterwards.

There are newer employer reviews for Pennington Biomedical Research Center