There are newer employer reviews for PennyMac

worst company ever, with unethical upper mgmt

Former Employee - Pennymac in Moorpark, CA
Former Employee - Pennymac in Moorpark, CA

I worked at PennyMac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

paid parking, cafeteria on site

Cons

i repeat long long hours, uncomfortable working conditions, low pay, no appreciation for hard work, long hours, unethical business practices, boring atmosphere with no personality within employees

Advice to Management

Advice to upper management: work on practicing ethics first, which is part of your company's core values. then the rest will shine. know that employees know what goes on behind the scenes. don't give large bonuses to those who have crap work performance but are in Stan's (CEO) A-list because they chose to kiss up to him. Let's be real...

Other Employee Reviews for PennyMac

Country made their money on the way up, and as Penny Mac they are making 4x on every ones missery.

Current Employee - Loan Originator
    Current Employee - Loan Originator

Pros

Penny Mac and the FDIC, Black Rock, and ex-Countrywide President Stan Kurkland keep by distress loans that Countrywide was responsible for 1/4 of them. This means there are a lot of leads to call.

Cons

The lending side is as incompetent as you can imagine. They were recently put on supervision by Freddie Mac. They did about 30 loans, 3 were by back, or had to sold somewhere else, and Freddie wouldn't by 4. This is a 23% delinquency. I don't think Countrywide hit 10% and they were pretty much shut down.

Advice to Management

Stan Kurkland should get a whole new experienced FHA and Conforming Team in there, and get rid everybody else. Their corespondent side did almost $1 billion. Have the people that run that side find a conforming originator and buy it.

Love my team!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorpark, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorpark, CA

I have been working at PennyMac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, opportunity for advancement, great cafeteria with good food and not expensive, love the area where the office is located. There is energy and excitement in the air.

Cons

The company is fast growing so everyone is very busy and everything moves fast. Salary increases take too long to process and should be done more quickly.

Advice to Management

My area is great with a great leader and I feel very fortunate about that as I hear some managers are not as attentive to their staff.