Pension Benefit Guaranty

www.pbgc.gov
There are newer employer reviews for Pension Benefit Guaranty

PBGC is a great place to gain valuable experience without working killer hours, but there are some annoyances.

Current Employee - Attorney In the Office of the Chief Counsel in Washington, DC

I have been working at Pension Benefit Guaranty

Pros

You get a lot of responsibility right off the bat. Many of the cases are very high profile and involve very high sums of money. If you put the effort in, you can learn a lot.

Cons

It is the federal government, so there is some bureaucracy. The pay is good for government, but about half of what you would make at a big firm. There isn't much in the way of support staff, so you will be your own secretary, paralegal, etc.

Create some new GS15 positions so that attorneys have something to strive for. Revamp the review process so that certain supervisors can't just reward their favorites year after year.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Pension Benefit Guaranty (View Most Recent)

eh

Current Employee - Clerk
    Current Employee - Clerk

I have been working at Pension Benefit Guaranty

Pros

The work is not hard, and there expectations were low so I stood out as a high performer pretty quickly.

Cons

It is a pretty stereotypical government agency.

Not much can be changed now due to the new directives being implemented, but I am sure once the ball gets rolling on that there will be places for improvement.

A good place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Pension Benefit Guaranty full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

We have a fairly collegial atmosphere in my department. Everyone seems willing to help each other out.

Cons

Other departments can sometimes interfere with the work you are trying to do. They either have conflicting interests or squabble for purely political reasons.

There are newer employer reviews for Pension Benefit Guaranty