It's All About Employee Satisifaction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The owner, Greg Penske, says that the most important thing is great employees satisfaction. And those aren't just words to him, his actions show that he means it. He has over 1000 employees and remembers all of their names and the personal details that they share with him. There is a good benefit package with low cost options (and even no-cost options), and a 401(k) match. Plus there's a wellness program with a Wellness Coach to keep everyone healthy and fun events like race days, bowling events and BBQ's. And the people here are awsome!

Cons

Being a retail business there are some positons that require long hours, and working a some holidays. But the pay seems to compensates for that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Penske Motor Group Response

Sep 10, 2014 – VP of HR

Thanks for the feedback! RAB Motors (Mercedes) is the newest member of the Penske Motor Group family. We know that everyone does what it takes to provide a world class experience for our Guests ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Penske Motor Group

1. Amazing People, Amazing Culture!

Current Employee - Team Member in El Monte, CA
    Current Employee - Team Member in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Such an employee friendly environment! They provide us an on-site gym with a trainer. Great benefits at a lower expense than most companies. Pay is really good and we get some amazing discounts on cars, service, parts and even The retail store that has Oakley and Ray Ban. This is a place that you regularly see the CEO (Greg Penske) walking around and who spends time to get to know each and every employee.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time. Keep up the great job! Very happy here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thanks for caring!

Penske Motor Group Response

Sep 10, 2014 – VP of HR

Thanks for the feedback! Working for Longo and the Penske Motor Group, you know that Effort = Results! Seeing Greg and the rest of the Leadership Team walking around, talking to Team Members ... More

2. It's all about the employee at Penske Motor Group!

Current Employee - Recruiter in El Monte, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve been with the company for 12 years. I quickly realized in my first couple of months that this isn’t your typical business. They had training classes and a great company culture. The average tenure is about 9-10 years so needless to say I was the newbie for a long time. Over the years I’ve been challenged and given opportunities that I would have never expected in my wildest dreams. They reward you for your hard work and promote from within. They truly value their team and give so many perks along the way. This business is all about honest and transparent business practices. The onsite gym is one of my favorite perks along with Starbucks, Subway and a full service AAA office.

Cons

It is a retail environment so depending on the job it may require long hours. I imagine it’s the same at all retail businesses. You’re open and ready when your customers are.

Advice to Management

Make sure to always keep what makes PMG special. The culture and synergy of every department.