Penske

www.penske.com

The not so bright future of Penske Logistics in Flint, MI

Driver (Current Employee) Flint, MI

ProsThe best reason for working at Penske Logistics is that many people here in Flint, MI are unemployed and can't find jobs. I seem to be barely hanging onto mine.

ConsThe biggest downside of working at Penske Logistics for myself is the feeling of "no hope' and "no light at the end of the tunnel". In the eight years I have been employed I have never felt secure that the Company would enjoy longevity in the field. I have seen the Company lose 50% of its business. In a trucking company, 50% of its business means 50% of its drivers unemployed. There is no apparent desire to gain new work, and I have never seen any evidence that management has tried to gain new accounts. I feel I work for a location that is destined to shrivel and dry up to nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I could ask one thing of management it would be to try to find new work and to diversify the business. Think of new and creative ways to create jobs, and keep in mind that some jobs arent meant to be "cash cows", but they pay dividends as a "foot in the door".

Good old boy network, talk a good game but don't care about employees or customers.

I have been working at Penske full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Pay can be good, lot's of opportunity if you are a… Cons: Management treat people like S, expect workers to bust their rears yet they tend to work under 40 hour week. Need to do… Advice to Senior Management: Do a man-power analysis in Green Hills. If you fired 50% of the work force on a Friday,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fawlty Towers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Roosendaal (Netherlands)

I worked at Penske full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Some staff are very clever and very dedicated. - No matter how dire… Cons: - Absolutely no executive strategy in EMEA - Orders come down from the top (US corporate HQ) with no dissent tolerated. - No room for lateral thinking -… Advice to Senior Management: Resign. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Penske.

Worked for Penske? Contribute to the Community!