There are newer employer reviews for Penske

The not so bright future of Penske Logistics in Flint, MI

Current Employee - Driver  in  Flint, MI
Current Employee - Driver in Flint, MI

I have been working at Penske

Pros

The best reason for working at Penske Logistics is that many people here in Flint, MI are unemployed and can't find jobs. I seem to be barely hanging onto mine.

Cons

The biggest downside of working at Penske Logistics for myself is the feeling of "no hope' and "no light at the end of the tunnel". In the eight years I have been employed I have never felt secure that the Company would enjoy longevity in the field. I have seen the Company lose 50% of its business. In a trucking company, 50% of its business means 50% of its drivers unemployed. There is no apparent desire to gain new work, and I have never seen any evidence that management has tried to gain new accounts. I feel I work for a location that is destined to shrivel and dry up to nothing.

If I could ask one thing of management it would be to try to find new work and to diversify the business. Think of new and creative ways to create jobs, and keep in mind that some jobs arent meant to be "cash cows", but they pay dividends as a "foot in the door".

70 Other Employee Reviews for Penske (View Most Recent)

Lot of potential being unused

I have been working at Penske

Pros

Strong mother company
    Interesting & chalenging projects

Cons

Poor european senior management
    No strategy or vision

Good old boy network, talk a good game but don't care about employees or customers.

I have been working at Penske full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay can be good, lot's of opportunity if you are a WASP with a blue shirt and play a good golf game.

Cons

Management treat people like S, expect workers to bust their rears yet they tend to work under 40 hour week.

Need to do a total housecleaning from the top down. Senior management team and most of officers in company are better suited serving coffee or donuts.

Do a man-power analysis in Green Hills. If you fired 50% of the work force on a Friday, the only thing that would be different the following Tuesday is less toilet paper would be used.

There are newer employer reviews for Penske

Worked for Penske? Contribute to the Community!