Penske

www.penske.com
There are newer employer reviews for Penske

Penske, a great company for hard workers

I have been working at Penske full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Culture, competitive pay, strong leadership

Cons

Company is broken into regions which make it hard for my individual growth as I do not want to relocate.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Penske (View Most Recent)

Positive experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Penske part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers, understanding managers and a solid team environment. Very helpful co workers and managers jumped at the oppotunity to show a new employee the ropes or answer questions. good pay. Do your job, try not to screw up and dont be a hero and youll skate along just fine while collecting a nice paycheck.

Cons

First week was 'trial by fire'. recevied little structured training and mostky shadowed veteran "sales reps" on the desk. Outdated and glitchy computer systems made for a difficult and frustrating first week. managers were very reluctant to give overtime and if you were close to hitting 40hrs you would be sent home early. Doing the work of 3 people at times all in the name of efficiency of the company. "Book book book" means scheduling a truck even if we dont have it and hoping the paying customer is satisfied with an other than reserved truck for a discount or slightly larger size.

Remember your roots

Company policies and standards for show only

I worked at Penske

Pros

New and immaculate facilities, compensation competitive with marketplace, a great comraderie among employees.

Cons

Corporate, shareholder driven mentality resulting in layoffs while expecting others to pick up the slack. A spirit of maximizing assets. I'm repulsed by the term "human capital" as if I'm being amortized like a piece of equipment and discarded at the end of it's useful life. Lack of consistency in company guidelines as they preach integrity yet actions by management sometimes are anything but. If you can BS and produce $$$$ as a manager, no one will question how you do it let alone face any type of discipline. Punishment often dealt dependent on where you fall on the union "totem pole". Ineffective computer systems shared by multiple dealerships causing lack of productivity.

Having met Roger Penske on 2 occasions, he seemed to be a warm and decent man who truly believes in his mission statement and code of ethics. I just don't think he has a clue what goes on in his facilities. He needs to listen to his field employees. The integrity hotline is a waste of time. Nothing is done and no feedback given to those filing concerns. I loved working at Penske but hated who I worked for.

There are newer employer reviews for Penske