Stagnant Manage

I have been working at Penske full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay, for the most part there is a good working culture. It can be challenging as well which can be rewarding. There are so many parts to the business so there is always something new to learn

Cons

The stagnant management is huge issue. They don't value fresh ideas at all. There are some awful, awful managers who have been promoted just based on who they now, not performance or leadership abilities.

There is a lot of stagnation - clean it out. Listen to your associates. Promote not based solely on who is friends with who, but who is a proven leader. Ask associates how they feel about their manager.

Other Reviews for Penske

Salary for Interns

Former Employee - Information Technology Intern  in  Beachwood, OH
    Former Employee - Information Technology Intern in Beachwood, OH

I worked at Penske as an intern for less than a year

Pros

It was a good experience

Cons

Do not have any cons

Great Experience, Difficult to Advance Career

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Penske full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was a challenging work and I was able to get great experience. I had a great team leader. It was mostly why I stayed for as long as I did.

Cons

I started at an entry level position with the expectation of moving into a senior role in 18-24 months. It took me three years to get a promotion and was still doing the same work as before. I did not see myself advancing further without having new work experience. I watched many people leave the company due to the plateau of job opportunities. After leaving the company, I realized how strict the work environment seemed. Many times I found myself taking work home. I also realized the salary had been lower than the average salary for that position.

I had 4 managers in 4 years. It was difficult to start over and reestablish a relationship with a new manager year after year.

There are newer employer reviews for Penske.

Worked for Penske? Contribute to the Community!