Penson Worldwide
www.penson.com Dallas, TX 500 to 999 Employees

There are better places to work.

Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Penson Worldwide

ProsIf you are part of the buddy system, you are set and you can do no wrong. Heck, you could be made a Director if you screwed up something but played your cards right. I have seen it happen.
If you are a contractor, this is a great place to work. You know why? They don't do things efficiently here. Because of that, you can make alot of money by working since things are done poorly here. However, if you are going to stay and you get paid salary, you are gonna get screwed.

ConsThey are not open to new ideas. Leadership there wants to do things the same way. I have been here for a very long time and I have seen new people come in with new ideas for Penson to try but management ignores them. Then the new people get frustrated and leave the company. If you are applying for work at this company and you are told they welcome new ideas BE WARNED. VERY WARNED! You will most likely end up like those people who are excited for the first few months and then after a year leave because they have been lied to.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not call yourself leadership. Leaders are visionaries. There are no visionaries at Penson. Period. Also, you need to get someone who can strategize. Right now, leadership is bunch of sales guys that will never say No to a customer. The problem is the company you "built" can't support all the promises you guys make. Do you guys wonder why you have high turnover?

You could do worse than working at Penson.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Penson Worldwide

Pros: Dallas is a low cost of living area. Cons: You not going to be working with top talent. Advice to Senior Management: Be more honest and open. More

Great developers, Great company, software development setup sucks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Penson Worldwide

Pros: Very friendly environment, in all departments but one (software dev) … Cons: Software is mostly outsourced locally and abroad, developers are trying to glue various pieces together, unrealistic work plans, no clear… Advice to Senior Management: Get a good Development VP, re-organize the whole department. "Work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Penson Worldwide.

Worked for Penson Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Penson Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Penson Worldwide CEO Daniel P. Son. All reviews posted anonymously by Penson Worldwide employees.