Pentaho

www.pentaho.com

Pentaho not recommended .... at all.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe company has a unique and justified position in the crowed business intelligence market. They offer a nice tech stack at a reasonable price point. Employees are generally friendly and want to do well by the company.

ConsCompany experiencing pressure from a variety of market factors: pressure from large BI vendors who are now offering substantially lower entry point pricing, pressure from niche vendors such as Tableau Software, Yellowfin, and many others who are have beautiful light BI offerings at a better price than Pentaho. Company does not value sales. Company does not value employee contribution. Executives are disconnected from the business. Senior management must not have gone to business school as they are hiring their friends, family, etc and not placing the best resource in leadership roles. CEO is bored or tired and not involved in the day to day management of the business. Company has changed strategic direction 4 times in the past 2 years. There is no way to execute when senior manage does not lead.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring your friends to lead the company. Pick a strategy and stick to it for more than six months. Reward good performance with acknowledgement. On sales side, tell your senior management team to go to a seminar on what it is like to sell in 2011. 1996 does not work any more, seriously! You are losing all your top talent. Don't give up. Care!

Horrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pentaho full-time

Pros: Developers, support, and services have high salaries. There's a strong tradition… Cons: Way too many projects for the company to manage. It's like spinning plates, and they're all hitting the floor except the one they are spinning… Advice to Senior Management: Fire every manager and hire people who have a proven… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

My Pentaho Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pentaho full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Work Flexibility Great Product Great group of people Strong community Cons: No Stability (lay offs) No room for growth No open door policy (even though there are no doors… Advice to Senior Management: I have to agree with both the negative and positive reviews posted. I worked for Pentaho for 5 years... Actually I was one of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pentaho.

Worked for Pentaho? Contribute to the Community!