Pentaho

www.pentaho.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Pentaho

My Pentaho Experience

I worked at Pentaho full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work Flexibility
Great Product
Great group of people
Strong community

Cons

No Stability (lay offs)
No room for growth
No open door policy (even though there are no doors in office).
Lack of communication with departments and offices.
7 years later and still considered a start-up

I have to agree with both the negative and positive reviews posted. I worked for Pentaho for 5 years... Actually I was one of the first 20 employees. I had the opportunity to watch the company grow, change, and grow again. The Pentaho team is amazing and I am still very passionate about the product. Unfortunately, I was part of lay off number 3 but that's all a part of the corporate America game. I recommend re-hiring individuals who were previously laid off, stop calling a 7 year company a start up, stop hiring friends, offer employee training for growth, and actually listen to employees (especially the employees that started the company). Other than that, great product!
I wish the team the best! Go Pentaho!

43 Other Employee Reviews for Pentaho (View Most Recent)

Excellent Company with Excellent Technology

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Pentaho

Pros

Pentaho has developed an excellent BI suite of products and the people are very energetic and enthusiastic. The software is "best of breed" in the Open Source BI category and I would venture to say that their applications can give Business Objects suite of software a run for their money in terms of functionality and integration. As a former BO employee, I can speak to the technological functionality. The services team is very intelligent, motivated and helpful. Benefits are top notch and the HR team is also great to work with.

Cons

On-boarding process could be more systematic.

None. Keep up the great work and lets meet our goals!

Working for Pentaho has shown me that there are companies out there that make work enjoyable every day.

Current Employee - Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Pentaho

Pros

From the culture of the company to the people I work with, Pentaho is an excellent company to work for. Full of very intellectual and business orientated personnel with a single goal in mind. To make Pentaho successful.
    Good benefits and salary.

Cons

Sometimes need to put in extra hours to get things done. Not necessarily a con depending on your work habits.

The only advice I would give to management is to be more communicative between department heads, foster growth and learning and provide resources earlier so that we can be fire retardant rather than fire fight when issues arise.

There are newer employer reviews for Pentaho