Awesome Culture!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Pentaho full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Pentaho, I am surrounded by so many people I admire and respect. The team chemistry is great and the team leads are some of the best I've ever worked with. The projects keep me engaged and interested. I appreciate all the things the company does to keep us happy and motivated - brown bags, occasional free lunches, loaded break rooms, work-from-home flex, gym memberships, etc. The best part of working here is the culture! =)

Cons

We have a very long list of products/projects to maintain. It takes a long time to get familiar with the entire technology stack.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The Best Place I've Ever Worked!!!!

I have been working at Pentaho full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pentaho is unique and I love working here. It is the perfect combination of "laid-back casualness", and commitment to excellence. Pros: Co-Workers are passionate about the product and their role in creating it. Flexible schedule. Great place for people who are self starters and self managers. Lots of new, cutting-edge technology. International teams. Incredible benefits package, the best I've seen anywhere!

Cons

Cons: There aren't any cons for me, but this place would be a poor fit for someone who needs a lot of guidance and clear direction. It would also be a poor fit for someone who is not a self-starter.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

HR and their new Success Factors process is a joke

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Pentaho full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Company is in a hot space (analytics) 2. High energy environment

Cons

Success Factors was brought in last year by the new HR. It is a joke, even to the line mangers. They literally say that we "have to" fill this out to meet our duties as manager. What Pentaho doesn't get is that a tool is not going to solve your company performance. Managers need to be able to set guidelines and know how to INSPIRE. Although the company is about 200 people there is quite bit of hierarchy and a lot of new managers have never been managers before. The results: performance suffers, promotions are not tied into clear goals and line managers don't know how to motivate. But, we all filled out a lot of forms and spent heck of time on it!!!!!

Advice to Management

Make sure you help line managers lead, not just manage your process. Maybe even talk to the people and ask them how they feel. Is the new process helping them? Or was it just a check mark on the new HR process? Figure out a way to motivate and inspire people.