There are newer employer reviews for Pentair

Rightsize? Downsize? Restructure? The 'GE Model' is no longer relevant.

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pentair full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tyco Thermal Controls was an acquisition of Pentair in October 2012. TTC was an excellent company with literally the best products in the world. Mature and well run business model. Really talented people. Excellent resources.

Cons

The period from 1 October through the 11 February layoff of 82 people worldwide was the most dysfuntional period I had seen in over 33 years of business. If you weren't looking over your shoulder you were wondering what Pentair had planned for the future. Communication was virtually non-existent and management representaives on the Global Leadership Team excelled at obsfuscation and mid-direction.

A true disservice to shareholders, stakeholders and vendors. It will take decades to build loyalty.

Please note that I was among the 82 laid off. Intelectually I can understand it. From a business and PR standbpoint a disaster. It would not have been so bad if they knew what I did and was underperforming. I was 'tagged' in a spreadsheet. A great euphamism for today's short-term mentality.

Really good people are going through the motions and spending more time on a daily basis polishing resumes and updating Linked In profiles than doing actual work.

If you are going to buy a construction company with almost $1 billion in Alberta Tar Sands projects on the books do some homework. These revenue NEVER accrue in the quarters to which you post glowing Wall Street Reports. This is a long-term asset that requires patience and people.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Pentair (View Most Recent)

Beware lay-offs of long-term employees in good standing

Current Employee - Designer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pentair full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tyco Thermal Controls was an acquisition of Pentair in October 2012. TTC was an amazing work-place that didn't micromanage for efficiency and people were happy to come to work.

Cons

I was not among those laid off, but Pentair is *not* a loyal company to long term employees in their acquisitions. Micromanaging has begun (all employees are now required to email their boss upon logging in and out each day) and the previous environment is lost. Employees with 15-25 years of experience in our niche field were unceremoniously laid-off to hire less expensive, inexperienced foreigners who will work for a pittance and a visa. It's truly unfortunate what has become of this formerly amazing workplace. Advancement is slow or nonexistent.

Loved the people and job, hated the environment and corporate mentality.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

I worked at Pentair full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Was excellent when started. Common direction and goals.

Cons

Top Management either wants certain aspects to fail or they are oblivious. Either way direction is on a quick downward slope. Lots of higher management that don't add value while cutting the mid to low level of employees that actually do the work.
    Bottom line is all this company cares about, employees are tools to be cut whenever possible.

Fire your upper management or pay attention.

There are newer employer reviews for Pentair

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!