There are newer employer reviews for Pentair

Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales in Stafford, TX
Former Employee - Sales in Stafford, TX

I worked at Pentair full-time (more than an year)

Pros

culture is great. People are good to work with.

Cons

work many hours and on weekends

108 Other Employee Reviews for Pentair (View Most Recent)

White Bear Lake location

Current Employee - Value Stream Manager in White Bear Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Value Stream Manager in White Bear Lake, MN

I have been working at Pentair full-time

Pros

Some very good people working there. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Very Engineering centric, extremely high turnover especially of Value Stream Managers and very poor Safety controls in place.

Get a manager in place that drives Operations, Sales and Engineering... not just listen to Engineering.

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Pentair full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management has changed again. Maybe these people are more professional and are waking up to how to run a large company like this one. Communication is opening up on what the company is doing as a whole. That hasn't filtered down to local management yet. Old habits are hard to break.

Cons

There is no chance for advancement there. Not one person was promoted in the four years I worked there. People are considered expendable. Benefits are not good. The location I where I was working was very cheap. Even let the receptionist go to save money. Even though we met or exceeded booking projections consistently. Processes in my department were not well documented. Which leads to too much tribal knowledge and confusion for everyone.

Stop changing the department name every year or so. Employees don't even know how to answer the phone. Update your website/websites. There are several. And all of them are difficult to navigate. How do you expect your customers to find out what location to contact for the product they need if the employees find it hard to do? Promote people internally instead of firing existing people and hiring new ones to replace them.

There are newer employer reviews for Pentair