Pentair

Pentair - Stong manufacturing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pentair

Pros

Friendly people, good work / life balance. Ample opportunities for career advancement at the field level. Reasonable compensation. Focus on growth

Cons

There is a significant disconnect between corporate and the field. Historically speaking, the company brings in senior management from outside.

Executives would benefit from more first hand exposure.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Pentair (View Most Recent)

Could be a great company but...

I have been working at Pentair

Pros

Good pay and good benefits

Cons

Upper management is detached from business - poor communication of changes

Contstant reorganizing without letting anything take hold is causing massive disruption to business. In a better economy, many people would be leaving.

Avoid at all cost!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Pentair

Pros

The pay was above avg.

Cons

The worst management I have worked under in 15 years and 5 companies. In the 6 months I worked there I bet I conversed with my direct manager a total of 20 minutes. I was given NO direction on what my duties were and no feedback as to how I was doing. They were mad that I missed meetings that I was not invited to. They were mad that I missed a deadline that I was never given. Communication was a big fat ZERO. There was also an employee that worked under me that had absolutly no idea what she was doing. Everyday she would stop by and ask if I could run these reports for her, show her how to do this, tell her how to do that, please fix this for me, UGG I basically did my job and hers everyday. If I wasn't in the office to help her do her job, she would complain to our direct manager that I didn't help her & that I was never around! You try to sit in a chair for 8 hours a day with absolutly NO tasks assigned to you! It's boring!

Then I was let go by phone on a Saturday!

haha - Worst job ever!

Talk to your employees! If you want something, ASK! If you don't like something, SAY SO!

There are newer employer reviews for Pentair