Penton

www.penton.com

What Sorority were you in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCasual attire, flexible schedule depending on who you report to, dog friendly unless you or your dog gets on someones badside, good location if you live in or around the "county"

ConsSalaries and promotions are reserved for those in the sorority. These members are identified as Directors and many of these are horrible managers without standards or accountabilty for their actions, attendence, spendatures.
Very top heavy and centalizing the jobs of the ones that actually make it happen.
The benefit of working on Pearl St is expressed as a reason for low salary ranges.
CYA is the name of the game as the stuff rolls and is thrown downhill.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to trim the top level fat. Hold your Directors accountable as they get away with treating the employees poorly, extensive timeoff and huge spendatures.

Decent company, but pay scale is at the bottom & upper management needs re-org.

I have been working at Penton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Somewhat flexible schedule, depending on who you report to directly. Cons: Unfortunately, Penton has very old-school upper management in place. There's a bit of a generational gap between the VP leadership and what's actually happening in… Advice to Senior Management: Change the guard. Long-term VP management has run their course. If you're looking to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Scratch the surface...

Unspecified (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

I have been working at Penton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Location and work/life balance. Flexible hours. Casual dress. Cons: No opportunity for advancement/career development. Nonexistent leadership. Employee surveys repeatedly point to these two items, so management… Advice to Senior Management: Lead. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Penton.

Worked for Penton? Contribute to the Community!