Penton

www.penton.com
  www.penton.com
There are newer employer reviews for Penton

Positioned for growth

I have been working at Penton full-time

Pros

Strong CEO who is committed to transformation and is making it happen
Unlocking value in media industry transforming to data, digital, information company
Ability to execute on initiatives

Cons

Transformation is hard takes work but extremely rewarding

Seeing a real focus, continue to hire new capabilities and focus on specific strategic initiatives - stauy on plan

132 Other Employee Reviews for Penton (View Most Recent)

Just joined Penton. Very exciting

I have been working at Penton full-time (less than an year)

Pros

After many years in online businesses, I was looking for a place with lots of opportunity solid business opportunity and inherent value where I could lead big ideas. Penton, fits this profile and is in a huge transition and are truly positioned and organizing to succeed in a new digital world of publishing. The communication and morale is very good and I definitely feel enabled to take great ideas (new and old) to market.

Cons

Penton has been a traditional print company for over 100 years. While a huge strength in having over 15 B2B market verticals locked into their brands, there are challenges in the organization to embrace change where it challenges their memory and skills, which are based on success in the past that does not exist today. This is not a critical blocker, but something to navigate and understand. If you know how to (and enjoy being) an agent of change, it's a welcome opportunity. If not, beware.

Clear the path for the future. take no prisoners.

Lack of diversity and no chance of growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Penton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Laid back office, able to wear casual attire day to day.

Cons

-Lack of diversity (I am one of 3 minorities within my group and about 1 of 6 with the NY office)
    -Roles are not clear and or defined and as a result leaves individuals performing 5 different roles while being greatly underpaid for 1 role
    -The 401k option is horrible (they do not match!)
    -Little to no room for growth. There are very little to no opportunities for individuals to grow within the company.
    -Compensation sucks!

Pay more attention to those in lower level positions and create opportunities for growth. The company can not grow if it only pays attention to upper management and has little to no options for talented individuals to grow within the company. Also a lackluster weekly Monday breakfast is not an incentive to make people want to stay in their current roles. The overall culture of the company is horrible and lacking.

There are newer employer reviews for Penton