There are newer employer reviews for Penton

Penton is a company comprised of talented, innovative and passionate individuals.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Penton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership that is driving change. An Executive Team that embraces the changes and manages their teams with a similar passion. Our Directors, Managers and individual contributors all add tremendous value. We are implementing new systems, applications, and tool to expedite and streamline various functions. We are always looking for existing employees or external talent to join our team and continue cultivating a culture of leaders (individuals to P&L owners). If you want to be involved in taking our company to the next level; put your hand up or apply.

Cons

We are in 6 key offices across the US; therefore change takes time. Good News, the vibe and energy have shifted as we've hired new talent; as well as taken on initiatives resulting from listening to the voice and needs of our current Teams!

Advice to Management

When available, Leadership should travel to various offices (or mingle with current office employees) and really get to know the Employees, not just from a business standpoint, though through a 'what motives you as a person/employee' vantage point. When people see Leadership as more than just a title, personal connections develop and an even stronger sense of connection, which then leads to productivity and innovation.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Lack of diversity and no chance of growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Penton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back office, able to wear casual attire day to day.

Cons

-Lack of diversity (I am one of 3 minorities within my group and about 1 of 6 with the NY office) -Roles are not clear and or defined and as a result leaves individuals performing 5 different roles while being greatly underpaid for 1 role -The 401k option is horrible (they do not match!) -Little to no room for growth. There are very little to no opportunities for individuals to grow within the company. -Compensation sucks!

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to those in lower level positions and create opportunities for growth. The company can not grow if it only pays attention to upper management and has little to no options for talented individuals to grow within the company. Also a lackluster weekly Monday breakfast is not an incentive to make people want to stay in their current roles. The overall culture of the company is horrible and lacking.

Too much talk, too little action

Former Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO

I worked at Penton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance and friendly office.

Cons

Lack of leadership and unwillingness to change. No real way to grow professionally, and very little care to provide employees with proper career prospects or training. Bit of a boys club at the top. Not willing to listen to employees lower down.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the whole management team at New Hope. Get in people who have drive and EXPERIENCE. You cannot have a team made up (on the whole) of people who have never worked in a proper corporate environment.

Penton Response

Aug 15, 2013 – Chief Talent Officer

Penton values its employees as they're the company’s #1 asset. Without our employees, there would not be any products or revenues generated. Penton’s management team has tried to offer a ... More