There are newer employer reviews for Penton

Penton is a company comprised of talented, innovative and passionate individuals.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Penton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership that is driving change. An Executive Team that embraces the changes and manages their teams with a similar passion. Our Directors, Managers and individual contributors all add tremendous value. We are implementing new systems, applications, and tool to expedite and streamline various functions. We are always looking for existing employees or external talent to join our team and continue cultivating a culture of leaders (individuals to P&L owners). If you want to be involved in taking our company to the next level; put your hand up or apply.

Cons

We are in 6 key offices across the US; therefore change takes time. Good News, the vibe and energy have shifted as we've hired new talent; as well as taken on initiatives resulting from listening to the voice and needs of our current Teams!

Advice to Management

When available, Leadership should travel to various offices (or mingle with current office employees) and really get to know the Employees, not just from a business standpoint, though through a 'what motives you as a person/employee' vantage point. When people see Leadership as more than just a title, personal connections develop and an even stronger sense of connection, which then leads to productivity and innovation.

Other Employee Reviews for Penton

Penton Cleveland office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Penton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cooperative and helpful employees, business casual dress, has a health plan.

Cons

Continual layoffs and downsizing. Consequently, morale is low. No 401k match. Office may close in a few years.

Advice to Management

Top N.Y. management doesn't seem to know what to do with the business segments in the Cleveland office. Most of the people who understood these segments have left. Now the best thing would probably be to spin off these entities to owners who understand the businesses in this office.

Penton Response

Aug 15, 2013 – Chief Talent Officer

Penton is transforming into a strategic information and marketing solutions and has readjusted its business to grow with the changes in the business-to-business publishing industry. Penton’s ... More

Lack of diversity and no chance of growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Penton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back office, able to wear casual attire day to day.

Cons

-Lack of diversity (I am one of 3 minorities within my group and about 1 of 6 with the NY office) -Roles are not clear and or defined and as a result leaves individuals performing 5 different roles while being greatly underpaid for 1 role -The 401k option is horrible (they do not match!) -Little to no room for growth. There are very little to no opportunities for individuals to grow within the company. -Compensation sucks!

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to those in lower level positions and create opportunities for growth. The company can not grow if it only pays attention to upper management and has little to no options for talented individuals to grow within the company. Also a lackluster weekly Monday breakfast is not an incentive to make people want to stay in their current roles. The overall culture of the company is horrible and lacking.