There are newer employer reviews for Penton

Penton is a company comprised of talented, innovative and passionate individuals.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Penton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership that is driving change. An Executive Team that embraces the changes and manages their teams with a similar passion. Our Directors, Managers and individual contributors all add tremendous value.

We are implementing new systems, applications, and tool to expedite and streamline various functions. We are always looking for existing employees or external talent to join our team and continue cultivating a culture of leaders (individuals to P&L owners). If you want to be involved in taking our company to the next level; put your hand up or apply.

Cons

We are in 6 key offices across the US; therefore change takes time. Good News, the vibe and energy have shifted as we've hired new talent; as well as taken on initiatives resulting from listening to the voice and needs of our current Teams!

When available, Leadership should travel to various offices (or mingle with current office employees) and really get to know the Employees, not just from a business standpoint, though through a 'what motives you as a person/employee' vantage point. When people see Leadership as more than just a title, personal connections develop and an even stronger sense of connection, which then leads to productivity and innovation.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Penton (View Most Recent)

Interesting time to work at Penton

I have been working at Penton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong executive leadership who are working hard to improve communication and structure
    Very clear corporate strategy
    Have emerged in strong financial position
    Some impressive, passionate workers with deep ties to their industries and/or job function
    Opportunities for tech and quant experts seeking family-friendly corporate culture

Cons

Still some sorting and structuring to work out, particularly with marketing functions
    Devil in details, still need to see commitment to staffing the "doer" level not just leadership and strategic hires

Structure, define and communicate roles and responsibilities clealy. Make clear where working smarter is required, but staff up in operational functions that have been stretched pretty thin.

Too much talk, too little action

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO

I worked at Penton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance and friendly office.

Cons

Lack of leadership and unwillingness to change. No real way to grow professionally, and very little care to provide employees with proper career prospects or training. Bit of a boys club at the top. Not willing to listen to employees lower down.

Get rid of the whole management team at New Hope. Get in people who have drive and EXPERIENCE. You cannot have a team made up (on the whole) of people who have never worked in a proper corporate environment.

Penton Response

Aug 15, 2013Chief Talent Officer

Penton values its employees as they're the company’s #1 asset. Without our employees, there would not be any products or revenues generated.

Penton’s management team has tried to offer a
    ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Penton

Worked for Penton? Contribute to the Community!