There are newer employer reviews for Penton

Penton is a company comprised of talented, innovative and passionate individuals.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Penton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Leadership that is driving change. An Executive Team that embraces the changes and manages their teams with a similar passion. Our Directors, Managers and individual contributors all add tremendous value.

We are implementing new systems, applications, and tool to expedite and streamline various functions. We are always looking for existing employees or external talent to join our team and continue cultivating a culture of leaders (individuals to P&L owners). If you want to be involved in taking our company to the next level; put your hand up or apply.

Cons

We are in 6 key offices across the US; therefore change takes time. Good News, the vibe and energy have shifted as we've hired new talent; as well as taken on initiatives resulting from listening to the voice and needs of our current Teams!

When available, Leadership should travel to various offices (or mingle with current office employees) and really get to know the Employees, not just from a business standpoint, though through a 'what motives you as a person/employee' vantage point. When people see Leadership as more than just a title, personal connections develop and an even stronger sense of connection, which then leads to productivity and innovation.

121 Other Employee Reviews for Penton (View Most Recent)

Penton Cleveland office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Penton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Cooperative and helpful employees, business casual dress, has a health plan.

Cons

Continual layoffs and downsizing. Consequently, morale is low. No 401k match. Office may close in a few years.

Top N.Y. management doesn't seem to know what to do with the business segments in the Cleveland office. Most of the people who understood these segments have left. Now the best thing would probably be to spin off these entities to owners who understand the businesses in this office.

Penton Response

Aug 15, 2013Chief Talent Officer

Penton is transforming into a strategic information and marketing solutions and has readjusted its business to grow with the changes in the business-to-business publishing industry.

Penton’s
    ... More

Interesting time to work at Penton

I have been working at Penton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong executive leadership who are working hard to improve communication and structure
    Very clear corporate strategy
    Have emerged in strong financial position
    Some impressive, passionate workers with deep ties to their industries and/or job function
    Opportunities for tech and quant experts seeking family-friendly corporate culture

Cons

Still some sorting and structuring to work out, particularly with marketing functions
    Devil in details, still need to see commitment to staffing the "doer" level not just leadership and strategic hires

Structure, define and communicate roles and responsibilities clealy. Make clear where working smarter is required, but staff up in operational functions that have been stretched pretty thin.

There are newer employer reviews for Penton