Penton

www.penton.com

A good place to work, be self motivated

Production Coordinator (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsThe flexibility of the work environment is wonderful. Along those same lines, it is great to be able to pave your own path within your position to tailor.

ConsLeadership within my office is lackluster. Management tends to value the bottom dollar rather than the variables which produces this figure. There is a great fear of change from the top down.

The largest con that Penton has always seemed to be plagued with is the inability to have meaningful raises and opportunities for advancement. There are very few instances of an employee being sharpened and molded to be a stronger, more meaningful contributor from within Penton.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the customer and motivate your workforce. Be involved from within and outside the company.

Penton Chief Talent Officer responded to this review

Aug 21, 2013

Thank you for your response. Penton is transforming its business from a traditional business-to-business media company to a strategic information and marketing solutions company.

We realize
... More

Good company, strong values, working hard at change

Digital Development (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Penton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very solid company with great values. Managment is working… Cons: Difficult to move away from dying business models that are… Advice to Senior Management: Be even more aggressive with digital future Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Penton Fort Collins Office

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Penton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work life balance, casual dress. Great opportunity to work with a team of talented individuals who are willing to help each other out. Supervisors… Cons: The majority of upper management, including technology market leaders, do not understand enough about the market to to make sound business decisions. They do not… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect, listen to their feedback, and include them in your strategy because… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Penton.

Worked for Penton? Contribute to the Community!