Penton

www.penton.com
  www.penton.com
There are newer employer reviews for Penton

Penton from the sales side

Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Penton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Collegial environment. No micro-managing. Strong portfolio of products.

Cons

No evidence of commitment to any level of sales training.

Improve digital infrastructure in quality and quantity to match stated company goals.

129 Other Employee Reviews for Penton (View Most Recent)

I enjoy working at Penton.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Penton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Penton is the right sized company to get things done, meaning there is the ability to do things in market that are not slowed down by corporate bureaucracy. The management team in my location (Fort Collins office) really seems to care about employees while driving the business forward. The team is doing innovative work and I geniunely like the people I work with.

Cons

Each office has it's own culture so sometimes it feels like we're separate companies within one. The company is a collection of businesses that have been acquired over time so it's difficult to merge all of those businesses together -- 5-6 CEOs have tried to do it -- the current CEO is making some progress in that area.

Stay focused on the customers.

Penton Response

Aug 21, 2013Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for responding. We appreciate your input. Our goal is to create an environment where individuals can thrive and this is something that is very important to the management at Penton.

Subpar

I have been working at Penton full-time

Pros

-Company is transitioning away from the print business and growing digital revenue reasonably well.

-Great work environment. Friendliness among co-workers within a market. Somewhat flexible hours.

-HR implemented training programs for employees to learn or improve their skills.

-There are individuals who are extremely knowledgeable in their field and their market - and deserves their title/salary.

Cons

-Company is not agile enough in this digital/mobile age. Great ideas become stale ideas by the time they are implemented.

-Lack of community in NY. Charity-driven initiatives are good but the HQ lacks the closely knitted culture that other offices have (i.e., Ft. Collins, Cleveland)

-No room for growth from within the company. Most middle to upper management are brought in from other companies.

-Compensation is inadequate and below industry standards for NY.

-Benefits are pretty standard. You can basically get the same, if not better, elsewhere.

-Fails at being transparent. Employees were informed that discussion of salary increase during the annual performance evaluation would include how the employee's salary compare to other companies and in relation to their office location. This never occurred.

-High turnover rate. Constant reorganizations throughout the company downplays the number of middle management and lower level employees leaving.

-Actively listen more to lower level employees
    -Nurture employees and promote from within
    -Too much strategic planning; needs to be more agile

There are newer employer reviews for Penton