Penton

www.penton.com
  www.penton.com
There are newer employer reviews for Penton

Penton from the sales side

Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Penton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Collegial environment. No micro-managing. Strong portfolio of products.

Cons

No evidence of commitment to any level of sales training.

Improve digital infrastructure in quality and quantity to match stated company goals.

128 Other Employee Reviews for Penton (View Most Recent)

Penton Fort Collins Office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Penton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance, casual dress. Great opportunity to work with a team of talented individuals who are willing to help each other out. Supervisors in my case have been very helpful in trying to help employees develop their career path. Benefits package is comparable to other company offerings.

Cons

The majority of upper management, including technology market leaders, do not understand enough about the market to to make sound business decisions. They do not listen to individuals' feedback to new strategies, and then wonder why a specific strategy failed to generate revenue. Furthermore, this lack of understanding also leads to unreasonable demands and angry, unprofessional outbursts when said demands are not meet, which has led to some employees feeling very uneasy.

It is difficult to meet goals and demands because there is a high turnover at this office, and upper management does not see a reason to backfill positions. Instead, current employees receive a higher workload.

Compensation is below industry standards.

Treat your employees with respect, listen to their feedback, and include them in your strategy because these employees are the ones who are dealing with Penton's customers day in and day out.

Penton Response

Aug 15, 2013Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for for sharing your feedback.

Innovative ideas that drive business sales are always welcome at Penton. Additionally, we are committed to finding talented individuals to fill vacant
    ... More

I enjoy working at Penton.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Penton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Penton is the right sized company to get things done, meaning there is the ability to do things in market that are not slowed down by corporate bureaucracy. The management team in my location (Fort Collins office) really seems to care about employees while driving the business forward. The team is doing innovative work and I geniunely like the people I work with.

Cons

Each office has it's own culture so sometimes it feels like we're separate companies within one. The company is a collection of businesses that have been acquired over time so it's difficult to merge all of those businesses together -- 5-6 CEOs have tried to do it -- the current CEO is making some progress in that area.

Stay focused on the customers.

Penton Response

Aug 21, 2013Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for responding. We appreciate your input. Our goal is to create an environment where individuals can thrive and this is something that is very important to the management at Penton.

There are newer employer reviews for Penton