There are newer employer reviews for Penton

Typical Company

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Accountant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Penton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall, the people who work at Penton are friendly. Additionally, Penton has a nice holiday schedule - nearly every national holiday and early release on the day before a holiday.

Cons

Top management has changed frequently over the past few years, which is a positive if you don't care for a particular CEO/CFO/etc....just wait a year or two and there will be a new one. Unfortunately, this takes away from the overall long term vision of the company since every leader has a different idea as to what direction to take Penton in. Additionally, it seems as though every change in management brings the loss of a perk previously enjoyed by employees. Finally, there is no 401k match, which is a definite downside.

Open communication. David Kieselstein has done a wonderful job at keep employees informed on major changes; however, middle management still needs to open communication lines. Possibly it's the nature of the beast, but no matter how many training courses you provide to middle management, it seems like nothing changes in the way that they interact with their direct reports.

Nov 6, 2013Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your post.

The senior management at Penton are diligently working to fostering a transparent environment that’s pleasant for its employees. We strive for the company to be a
... More

117 Other Employee Reviews for Penton (View Most Recent)

Sweatshop for editors

Current Employee - Editor
    Current Employee - Editor

I have been working at Penton for more than 8 years

Pros

New president Kieselsten is a refreshing change from past presidents; more strategic, human and big-picture.

Cons

The workload for editors is crushing and totally overwhelming.

Touch base with the creatives who produce the product. It seems to me that upper management's bonuses seriously compromise the quality of the information produced and is morally untenable in terms of employee health and lifestyle metrics.

We appreciate your post.

Penton is committed to fostering an environment that’s engaging and pleasant for it’s employees. We value the work that all of our employees deliver. We appreciate all
    ... More

A downward spiral.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Penton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super casual environment: dogs at your desk, shorts and sandals, beer fridge, slide, lakeside patio.

Cons

Innate sense of when am I going to be next in line for layoffs. Waste of talented folks. Sales seems to be the only folks getting any attention from managers.

Kieselstein seems to be a step in the right direction. I just didn't want to wait around to find out.

Nov 6, 2013Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for writing. Penton is committed to fostering an environment that allows its employees to thrive.

There are newer employer reviews for Penton

Worked for Penton? Contribute to the Community!