Tons of opportunities--if you know the right people.

Former Employee - Web Production Coordinator  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Web Production Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Penton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Penton was a great place to work right out of undergrad, because I was working with a group of people who really believed in me and wanted to help me succeed. I was given tons of opportunities to learn about new things and develop new skills.

Cons

If the right people don't like you then there are no opportunities for career advancement, regardless of your talent. Half of the people working there are amazingly smart and dedicated, and the other half are just putting in the time until they can retire.

Get to know the people who work for you so that you can better utilize them.

Penton Response

Nov 6, 2013Chief Talent Officer

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time at Penton.

Our goal is to create an environment where everyone feels valued and can build their career.

Other Reviews for Penton

Typical Company

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Accountant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Penton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall, the people who work at Penton are friendly. Additionally, Penton has a nice holiday schedule - nearly every national holiday and early release on the day before a holiday.

Cons

Top management has changed frequently over the past few years, which is a positive if you don't care for a particular CEO/CFO/etc....just wait a year or two and there will be a new one. Unfortunately, this takes away from the overall long term vision of the company since every leader has a different idea as to what direction to take Penton in. Additionally, it seems as though every change in management brings the loss of a perk previously enjoyed by employees. Finally, there is no 401k match, which is a definite downside.

Open communication. David Kieselstein has done a wonderful job at keep employees informed on major changes; however, middle management still needs to open communication lines. Possibly it's the nature of the beast, but no matter how many training courses you provide to middle management, it seems like nothing changes in the way that they interact with their direct reports.

Penton Response

Nov 6, 2013Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your post.

The senior management at Penton are diligently working to fostering a transparent environment that’s pleasant for its employees. We strive for the company to be a
    ... More

Continuous Improvement, Management is REALLY listening

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Penton full-time for more than a year

Pros

CEO is dynamic and communicative. Making the necessary enhancements with the company to drive performance while also sharpening focus on the customer.

Cons

Extensive and diverse portfolio of brands, resource allocation, timeliness of response within some shared services, cross functional communication are all areas that are being addressed.

Remain positive and dedicated to improving performance - continue to drive and invest in growth brands within the portfolio, particularly digital initiatives.

There are newer employer reviews for Penton.

Worked for Penton? Contribute to the Community!