There are newer employer reviews for Penton

Decent company, bad pay, great people

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Penton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the people. Our company under Penton had a very laid back culture with dogs in the office.

Cons

low pay, large workload, burn and churn mentality. "We're investing in talent" never hit the middle management

Advice to Management

pay competitively.

Penton Response

Apr 25, 2014Chief Talent Officer

Penton is committed to fostering an environment that’s pleasant for it’s employees. We value the work that all of our employees deliver we have rolled out a number of new training programs, profit ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Hmmm.....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Penton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Penton offers Flexible hours and the ability to work from home if needed - in some of it's positions.

Cons

Not a best place to work by any means but not the worst also. If you don't mind saving for your own retirement (no 401(k) matching) inflated benefit costs and ridiculous gouges if you become highly compensated then Penton might work out well for you. Cramped office locations, think of cattle in a pen.

Penton Response

Apr 25, 2014Chief Talent Officer

We have recently rolled out a profit program for employees. We are in line with mid-tier companies on our benefit costs, which we continuously evaluate. Our HR team constantly evaluates market pay ... More

Had high hopes of finishing my career here that were dashed by bad timing....A-N-D

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Penton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company paid well and encouraged face-to-face calls when I was there (versus hiding behind the internet and trying to sell via 30-50 e-mails a day, as some publishers do for cost-cutting, cutting of corner's, reasons.

Cons

I had 4 different bosses within a year, a protocol, prescription for failure for any salesperson, as you are bound to find 1 out of 4 that you are completely un-resonating with (and I did, a non-salesperson, boss).