People's United Bank

www.peoples.com

Great place to learn the biz!!!!

Financial Service Manager (Former Employee) Bridgeport, CT

ProsPeople's was a great place for me to develop myself and build a career. Though I have since left, I miss the meetings in Bridgeport Center and the comradery among the branch managers. I started as a teller and worked my way to branch manager by being selected to enter into the management trainee program. I would suggest to anyone looking at a career in banking to look into People's Management Trainee Program. The things that I learned in the program have truly helped me have a successful career. The bank knows how to recognize it's performers which really encourages you to strive for excellence.

ConsPeople's pay for performance program could surely be a benefit but the base salary for branch manager isn't up to par. Many people use the bank for training and continue their career else where.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll and all, I loved my job as a branch manager. I would recomend to the senior management to try harder to retain top talent. I have seen many promotions given based on seniority not merritt.

A Happy People's Person

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at People's United Bank

Pros: There is a genuine feeling of community. Ultimately the entire organization has the right motives. The bank cares about the customers… Cons: The minimal negatives are the compensation packages. They are slightly below comparable institutions. Also it can be slightly difficult to transition… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to promote from within. Don't lose focus on the community bank's values. Customers enjoy the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Mediocre

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at People's United Bank

Pros: There is some opportunity for growth, but most of the time… Cons: Get the feeling everthing is always a top priority when… More
There are newer reviews on People's United Bank.

Worked for People's United Bank? Contribute to the Community!