There are newer employer reviews for People's United Bank

A good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT

I worked at People's United Bank

Pros

There are many opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

7 day a week banking and high sales pressure

Additional back office support is needed for the weekends. You can't have the bank open and the back side closed on the weekends and truely offer 7 day banking.

120 Other Employee Reviews for People's United Bank (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn the biz!!!!

Former Employee - Financial Service Manager in Bridgeport, CT
    Former Employee - Financial Service Manager in Bridgeport, CT

I worked at People's United Bank

Pros

People's was a great place for me to develop myself and build a career. Though I have since left, I miss the meetings in Bridgeport Center and the comradery among the branch managers. I started as a teller and worked my way to branch manager by being selected to enter into the management trainee program. I would suggest to anyone looking at a career in banking to look into People's Management Trainee Program. The things that I learned in the program have truly helped me have a successful career. The bank knows how to recognize it's performers which really encourages you to strive for excellence.

Cons

People's pay for performance program could surely be a benefit but the base salary for branch manager isn't up to par. Many people use the bank for training and continue their career else where.

All and all, I loved my job as a branch manager. I would recomend to the senior management to try harder to retain top talent. I have seen many promotions given based on seniority not merritt.

A Happy People's Person

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at People's United Bank

Pros

There is a genuine feeling of community. Ultimately the entire organization has the right motives. The bank cares about the customers as well as the employees. They look to differentiate themselves in the market through their recognition program and support of community involvement.

Cons

The minimal negatives are the compensation packages. They are slightly below comparable institutions. Also it can be slightly difficult to transition out of regional banking into another area i.e. finance or operations. Clearly the bank's greatest need for employees is in the branches.

Continue to promote from within. Don't lose focus on the community bank's values. Customers enjoy the specialized service and the personal touches. The employees need to continue to be empowered to make decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for People's United Bank