There are newer employer reviews for People's United Bank

Great co-workers not so great senior leadership

Former Employee - Financial Services Manager in Hartford, CT
Former Employee - Financial Services Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at People's United Bank

Pros

Worked with a great group of people.

Cons

Fairness in promotion, differences in standards between various regional management.

Advice to Management

Pay close attention to the hard working team members in your branches. Peoples loses a lot of good talent by playing favorites and not giving everyone a fair chance at promotions, etc.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. An enjoyable workplace full of energy, friendly coworkers, and people who care about you achieving your future goals.

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Associate in Newington, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Associate in Newington, CT

I have been working at People's United Bank

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for People's United Bank is, they work enviorment, and what they stand for. I've never in my life worked at a place where I was surrounded by inviduals who cared so much for you as a person, and as a coworker inside and outside of the workplace. I have built the most valuable friendships that will last forever here at Peoples United Bank in the 2 years I have been employed here. The training I recieved has been very beneficial to me. My managers guide me in a direction to be promoted. They're dedication to seeing me learn and gain more knowlegde not only increased my salary, but enabled me to be more knowlegeable and more of an expert at what I did.

Cons

I cant think of any downside. Maybe building such great friendships with co workers, who then may have to transfer to another branch after being promoted.

Advice to Management

Continuing believing in your employees the way you do. Providing them with all the materials, training and support which you currently do. It results in meeting the goals of your branch, increase the expertise of your employees who in return is able to discover the needs of the customers they interact with more effieciently and effectively.

2. A good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT

I worked at People's United Bank

Pros

There are many opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

7 day a week banking and high sales pressure

Advice to Management

Additional back office support is needed for the weekends. You can't have the bank open and the back side closed on the weekends and truely offer 7 day banking.