PeopleScout

www.peoplescout.com
  www.peoplescout.com
There are newer employer reviews for PeopleScout

Excellent support Staff always there to assist with needs

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PeopleScout as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Team environment & Support staff listens to your needs and takes action. Very position attitude of managers and co-workers.

Cons

There are times that there is not work available for contract workers, however it has been a short amount of time. They go to great lengths to be sure everyone is working. Very caring management team.

Continue to focus on supporting your employees it will keep them loyal and working hard for you.

78 Other Employee Reviews for PeopleScout (View Most Recent)

If I could rate Negative Stars I would. DO NOT WORK HERE

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at PeopleScout full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Make some great friends if you know where to look.

Cons

- Illegal hiring practices. I have done two "tours" of this place under two different leadership capacities and in both cases I was told to do something that was completely illegal- this was done verbally so there wouldn't be a papertrail. If you question it, they blame the client for making the decision instead of pointing out to the client that there is illegal hiring practices going on. If you push it further--- watch out.

- Unless you are on *certain* special teams (like I was) you are forced to swipe in and out just to go to the bathroom or get more water, because you know you are talking on the phone all day and get thirsty.

- There is NO consideration for longevity. Superiors will tell you that you are awesome, doing a great job that they need you and .....when it comes raise time... nothing. Even if you *are* lucky enough to get a raise, guess what? Its going to be *at most* 50 cents. (heaven forbid you are on a special team, because then you have to go by your anniversary of moving to that team, not your anniversary date of when you hired into the company and even that is screwed up. if you start at a certain point of the year you have to wait till the following spring to be eligible for raises.).

- This year... its 8 business days after the company is suppose to (by law) send out W2 forms. When I called I was told that they were being sent out by Headquarters- when i pointed out that there is no way it takes over a week to send something from one end of Chicago to another, I was told (kid you not) that Headquarters IS NOT in Chicago. The second time I called and spoke with a confident source, I was told that NO ONE has received W2 yet.

- As far as career opportunities are concern- unless you are well versed (extremely well versed) in high school politics, don't waste your time. This place makes HS politics look tame.

- No security- I know of people who were jumped outside the office to/from the office, there is no parking whatsoever (esp. after a new shopping plaza was built across the street). There was a vendor that was robbed... IN THE BREAK ROOM.

-Don't believe the video of the CEO on the company website that was shot while Mayor Emmanuel was at the office. I was witnessed to employees leaving the office and quitting on the spot because the "salaries" that are discussed in that clip are so far from the truth I was shocked to actually see it come out of his mouth.

Treat your employees like decent human beings. DO NOT punish the entire company for a few bad apples that abuse policy. Enforce policies across the board, regardless of who may know who (i.e. Client visits- even if upper management is in business casual they get sent home because they are wearing jeans on a friday). Reward people that actually come in and do their job well.

It was a pretty good place to get overall experience in customer service.

Former Employee - Recruiter Hourly in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter Hourly in Chicago, IL

I worked at PeopleScout part-time (less than an year)

Pros

My checks were NEVER delayed. EVER!
    The flex hours and 20 hours a wk minimum was pretty great also.

Cons

The break room was small, and one of the two computers never worked
    Unless you were on a dedicated team your hours were cut a lot during the holidays and you would have to be a hawk about signing up for extra hours as the list filled quickly.

I had a pretty good experience here. More opportunities for advancement would have been great however.

There are newer employer reviews for PeopleScout