Pep Boys

There are newer employer reviews for Pep Boys

Ok job

Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Mobile, AL
Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Pep Boys part-time (more than an year)

Pros

My managers are very flexible with my life and my school schedule they are open for 13 hours a day so there are plenty of hours available.

Cons

pay, stress. dealing with people who are mad at the world because their car broke down. Argueing with people over how much something costs even though you already beat the competition in price by a large margin customers will still try to talk you down and just be rude to you. No medical benefits offered for part time workers. also working on commission dealing with co workers who try to steal your sales is a real bummer and can create tension sometimes.

1st of all i would say make estimates and prices non negotiable unless you are price-matching. It makes me sick when i see three different people at three different registers paying three different prices for the same work. 2nd would be to get rid of commission or at least give the option to work hourly. the hours i work is 3-close and there are way less opportunities to earn commission compared to the people who work 7-4. i bust my butt to earn just a fraction of the commission that they do just because there are not that many customers at that time of day.

217 Other Employee Reviews for Pep Boys (View Most Recent)

Company seems to be righting the ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pep Boys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company has a young, enthusiastic management team that is trying to find the right solutions. Recently has begun to focus on moving the company forward with focus on e-commerce and online reputation management.
    Executive Management does a good job communicating on a quaterly basis through town hall meetings.

Cons

Spending is tight so it is hard to get funding for initiatives without a clear ROI.
    Leadership development and advancement in the field operation seems strong, but is more challenging in corporate positions.

Informative and education but sometime frustrating and backwards

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pep Boys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-They will hire straight out of college with little experience
    -Opportunity to move up if you prove yourself
    -Employee discount and other perks

Cons

-Higher ups are very set in their ways
    -New ideas are looked for but ignored upon completion
    -Work comes in waves, huge dry spells are followed by flash floods of business

Bring back employee morale