Pepco Holdings

www.pepcoholdings.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pepco Holdings

Great place to work

I have been working at Pepco Holdings

Pros

Culture and working atmosphere is great.

Cons

No cons about this company.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Pepco Holdings (View Most Recent)

Very difficult place to work

I have been working at Pepco Holdings

Pros

Well, some of the benefits are good.

Cons

This is a very very difficult to work right now. A lot of the employees have been there for 20-30 years. Pepco is much disliked by almost everyone right now. They are focused on profit and have neglected some areas that have created reliability problems. Leadership says they have turned that around. The recent storm was a failure for Pepco in the view of the public and policy makers. Staff spends significant time and resources responding to hearings, etc. and attack. The focus is profit for the few. The environment if really depressing. Miles of cubes. Bland. I have never seen a culture like this. No birthday celebrations, nobody EVER takes off early, few people take lunch, and people sometimes never leave the building all day. It is very claustrophobic to me to stay in the building around cubes all day. The location is near metro, but very much in the city- noisy. Not a tree in sight.

People don't seem to talk to each other. No common place to hang out. The kitchen on my floor is very unappealing-. No cafeteria. Noplace to gather or meet people from the rest of the company.

The few top Executives earn literally millions. They talk about diversity ALL the time. But I do not see it. Depends what ethnic group you might be in. But they do talk about it incessantly. A lot of middle aged workers, which actually can be good. You ought to think very carefully about going there at this time. Historically Pepco has been a great company, Right now, terrible.

where is the REAL diversity? Since the top people earn more than some countries, it hurts the little people. We are waiting to hear about "austerity" in the face of small rate increases, etc. But who is living austerely? The people earning millions? PULEASE!

Good Company

I have been working at Pepco Holdings

Pros

Ability to be creative. Do not micromange

Cons

Limited career growth. Some groups are big SILOs

Take input from staff