There are newer employer reviews for Pepper Hamilton

Just-OK work environment, zero chances for staff advancement.

Former Employee - Former Legal Assistant  in  Wilmington, DE
Former Employee - Former Legal Assistant in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Pepper Hamilton

Pros

- Decent - but definitely not great - compensation/benefits package
- Fair to good work-life balance (at least for staff)

Cons

- Absolutely no room for advancement
- Management has no regard for anyone without an Esq. after his/her name

I've certainly worked for worse employers than Pepper; however, there is an absolutely breathtaking lack of regard for staff, from the head office in Philadelphia on down to the smaller regional office where I was employed. Without going into specifics, there is no reward or recognition for superior performance, nor are there any consequences for shockingly unprofessional behavior.

And I know this behavior certainly isn't limited to Pepper, but dear God - is there any worse penance than spending a perfectly nice Friday evening surrounded by attorneys who won't speak to staff at the firm holiday "party"? Pepper would do well to foster a more collegial environment between attorneys and staff. Many of us are knowledgeable, dedicated, bright people who can actually speak in complete sentences without drooling on ourselves, despite the absence of "Attorney at Law" on our business cards.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Pepper Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Dissatisfied.

Current Employee - Senior Paralegal  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Paralegal in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pepper Hamilton

Pros

The only pro to working at Pepper is that you have a decent amount of vacation. However, you still have a higher billable requirement then industry standard so you won't be able to actually use it all.

Cons

There are far too many cons to list in one box. Pepper is not a great place to work - especially if you are in Health Effects Litigation. Salary is a joke.

Engage in a consulting firm to accurately assess compensation and atmosphere. Degredation and yelling are prevelant and unacceptable.

Fair

Current Employee - Paralegal  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pepper Hamilton

Pros

No micro management. Freedom to work on assignments on your own is very nice. Very professional atmosphere and staff is pleasant.

Cons

Very little feedback or guidance given by superiors. Assignments are doled out and you may not see the associate your working with again until you receive new one.

More interaction between support staff and associates/partners. There should also be more interoffice activities to engender a sense of camaraderie.

There are newer employer reviews for Pepper Hamilton

Worked for Pepper Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!