Pepperidge Farm
www.careersatpepperidgefarm.com Norwalk, CT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Needs to provide stronger training for managers

Associate Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pepperidge Farm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Great company that develops and markets strong premium products and brands.
-Fair health benefits
-Work life balance

Cons-Unfortunately, who you know matters more than what you know. There are several members of the marketing team who remain in their positions due to legacy relationships despite poor performance.
-High Turnover due to lack of training (baptism by fire) and very low morale. Every 12 months you will see 3-4 openings due to poor managers who have been known to openly berate and insult direct reports instead of guiding and coaching them. Good luck getting support from your colleagues if you happen to find yourself with an incompetent manager.
-Passive Aggressive style of conflict management. If your manager has a problem with you he/she will not tell you directly. Instead you will have to deal with rumors and whispers instead of clear (example based) and actionable feedback.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf a manager has consistently driven employees away from the company then it is time to consider more training for that person instead of giving them the privilege of managing someone else.

Great benfits and work-life balance... management is disappointing...

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pepperidge Farm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Work-life balance, flexible schedules, benefits, GREAT products, company reputation, community… Cons: Salary, mid-level management (or lack thereof), professional development (I am certain this depends on the business… Advice to Senior Management: Get to know and/or establish some kind of contact and relatioship with ALL employees rolling up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best Company in the world

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pepperidge Farm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Everything is excellent, I couldn't have been more happier. Cons: Nothing really, I cannot think of anything Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pepperidge Farm.

Worked for Pepperidge Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pepperidge Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pepperidge Farm CEO Irene Chang Britt. All reviews posted anonymously by Pepperidge Farm employees.