A company on a mission

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Pros

This management consulting company was founded by Don Peppers & Martha Rogers, who have written several books on customer relationship strategies and are still quite active in the business. It encountered hard times in the wake of the dot com bust, and sold the US portion of its business to Carlson in 2003, but in 2008 it was taken private again. The European business thrived during the five years of Carlson's ownership, and today management is trying to build up the US business once again. What I most like about PRG is that everyone shares a sense of mission - a purpose, to help our clients become more customer-centric, more service oriented.

Cons

We are often operating on a shoe-string budget, even today, because of the poor availability of financing partners for our kind of professional services business. So we often have to refrain from investing in very cool ideas or interesting opportunities. We really are bootstrapping ourselves back to financial success, and it is a hard, tough journey.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to individual consultants. Let's celebrate successes more, and provide more recognition to the worker bees who are growing this firm!

Other Employee Reviews for Peppers & Rogers

1. A company with too many questions

I have been working at Peppers & Rogers full-time

Pros

(1)Very Good Learning environment (2) Opportunities to grow (3) Good for Consultants only

Cons

(1) No respect for back office staff. Most are taken for granted. (2) Work life balance is zero. (3) Too much expected from an employee but the payout is horrible

Advice to Management

Management needs to realize that Back office staff are also an integral part of the organization and should be compensate and appreciate them too.

2. Senior Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Pros

Good ambiance, challenging project, high knowledge curve, diversified projects topics, Good IP, structured HR

Cons

Limited vertical market offerings and thought leadership

Advice to Management

Enhance collaboration with other group business unit