Pepsi Bottling
www.pbg.com Somers, NY 5000+ Employees

Run like hell!!!

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling

ProsWell-known and respected to those who don't know any better, so it looks good on your resumé. Pay starts out somewhat good, but you never get more than a 1-2.5% raise, so you're pretty much stuck at that salary.

ConsEmbarrassingly terrible work-life balance, which is the opposite of their work-life balance ethics they brag about during interviews, but it's all a lie. They also offer tuition reimbursement, which sounds good in theory, but they threaten you not to even dare let school interfere with your work and it essentially scares people from utilizing the benefit, which only covers a few classes per year. You're pretty much on-call 24/7 as well. Management expects all stores to be absolutely perfect and don't care what challenges you face day-to-day. You can bust your butt and sell in displays and innovation, but god forbid you don't have max or mist in a store! If this happens, you can expect to be singled out and belittled in front of other managers and peers. The company only seems to lead with negative reinforcement. There is also little room for advancement, as the new direction for the company is by direct-hiring recent college grads and they rarely promote from within, even if you have the same college credentials in addition to years of experience within the company. There's very bad morale, except for one week out of the year when they put on an "employee appreciation week"

Advice to Senior ManagementSet more realistic standards for what a store should look like, and consider giving more flexibility for pricing. How can reps be expected to have a model store when our customers can get cheaper products and packages from wholesalers and the mysterious white vans? Also, consider adding more people in sales & merchandising & drivers. We can't adequately pick up more accounts if we can't properly service the accounts we have.

Great high level management experience and cross-training as intern

Intern (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling

Pros: High level experience sales and marketing experience Next to senior management offices like VP's and was able to have conversations with them casually Was able to present… Cons: White collar job that can easily turn into a blue collar job dependent on your sales force or the season. People are candid and some gossiping… Advice to Senior Management: Good job in terms of feedback of progress. High exposure… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

OK but need to have a college degree

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pepsi Bottling

Pros: Resume looks good with Pepsi Cons: Systematic with no real for creativity Advice to Senior Management: You have good people just encourage them Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pepsi Bottling.

Worked for Pepsi Bottling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pepsi Bottling reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pepsi Bottling CEO Eric J. Foss. All reviews posted anonymously by Pepsi Bottling employees.