Pepsi Bottling

Work Hard, Play Less

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling

Pros

Fast paced company. Great resume builder. Nice place to start a career but you need to focus on getting out before 3 years.

Cons

No balance. All about what have you done for me lately. No long term outlook, only looking for short term gains. Poor senior executive leadership. They preach balance, but in the same sentence they add to your work load.

Think long term, not just how to hit the quarter!

210 Other Employee Reviews for Pepsi Bottling (View Most Recent)

No reward for quality of service

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling

Pros

A secure job in a unstable economy.

Cons

LONG HOURS with POOR compensation. Constant pressure from managment. Questionable promoting criteria.

The work / life balence is terrible. We are required to work longer hours for less money. There has been a steady decline the work evironment year after year. If the economy wasn't as bad as it is I would not hesitate to find another job. This isn't worth it anymore.

Senior managers can be bullies...and it's acceptable

I worked at Pepsi Bottling

Pros

Fast-paced, good resume feeder, good operations experience.

Cons

Poor leadership qualities of senior management...no feedback or team alignment. No team play. "Back-stabbing" is the norm. Turnover and discontent is very high. Absolutely no work-life balance. I was literally told that my wife shouldn't work by 4 different senior managers including my mentor. My last manager actually frowned when informed my wife and I were expecting a second child. Don't respect diversity in a person. Don't work smart...work harder and dumber, it will be valued much more. Niche players are valued...and all else will be forgiven or overlooked (such as communication, leadership, team play and accountability).

Value, appreciate and lead your people well, and you might be surprised with what you draw from them.

There are newer employer reviews for Pepsi Bottling