Work Hard, Play Less

Current Employee - Key Account Manager  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling

Pros

Fast paced company. Great resume builder. Nice place to start a career but you need to focus on getting out before 3 years.

Cons

No balance. All about what have you done for me lately. No long term outlook, only looking for short term gains. Poor senior executive leadership. They preach balance, but in the same sentence they add to your work load.

Think long term, not just how to hit the quarter!

Other Reviews for Pepsi Bottling

Good Name Backing Your Work

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling

Pros

The name goes a long when telling people where you work at. Gives you a sense of bride when speaking to people.

Cons

The long hours and hard work allow you to become a well rounded individual, and better prepare you for the rest of your career.

Continually update people on the focus and direction of the company. Also make sure to give praise for the constant hard work and efforts of the employees especially for the weekly above and beyond work they do.

Senior managers can be bullies...and it's acceptable

I worked at Pepsi Bottling

Pros

Fast-paced, good resume feeder, good operations experience.

Cons

Poor leadership qualities of senior management...no feedback or team alignment. No team play. "Back-stabbing" is the norm. Turnover and discontent is very high. Absolutely no work-life balance. I was literally told that my wife shouldn't work by 4 different senior managers including my mentor. My last manager actually frowned when informed my wife and I were expecting a second child. Don't respect diversity in a person. Don't work smart...work harder and dumber, it will be valued much more. Niche players are valued...and all else will be forgiven or overlooked (such as communication, leadership, team play and accountability).

Value, appreciate and lead your people well, and you might be surprised with what you draw from them.

There are newer employer reviews for Pepsi Bottling.

Worked for Pepsi Bottling? Contribute to the Community!