Pepsi Bottling

Pepsi Bottling Group is a cutthroat place

Former Employee - Product Availability Manager in San Fernando, CA
Former Employee - Product Availability Manager in San Fernando, CA

I worked at Pepsi Bottling

Pros

You will be given a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities that will allow you to learn how to run a business

Cons

There is little support from senior management, most of the time you are expected to work out the proper way to do things on your own. There is little information or training so it is easy to fail.

Build a knowledge repository and institute training programs. Reexamine the salary structure , it is unfair that some positions require 24hr supervision yet the pay is the same or even less than the same position in another facility that is more of a 9 to 5 job.

213 Other Employee Reviews for Pepsi Bottling (View Most Recent)

Work Hard, Play Less

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling

Pros

Fast paced company. Great resume builder. Nice place to start a career but you need to focus on getting out before 3 years.

Cons

No balance. All about what have you done for me lately. No long term outlook, only looking for short term gains. Poor senior executive leadership. They preach balance, but in the same sentence they add to your work load.

Think long term, not just how to hit the quarter!

Senior managers can be bullies...and it's acceptable

I worked at Pepsi Bottling

Pros

Fast-paced, good resume feeder, good operations experience.

Cons

Poor leadership qualities of senior management...no feedback or team alignment. No team play. "Back-stabbing" is the norm. Turnover and discontent is very high. Absolutely no work-life balance. I was literally told that my wife shouldn't work by 4 different senior managers including my mentor. My last manager actually frowned when informed my wife and I were expecting a second child. Don't respect diversity in a person. Don't work smart...work harder and dumber, it will be valued much more. Niche players are valued...and all else will be forgiven or overlooked (such as communication, leadership, team play and accountability).

Value, appreciate and lead your people well, and you might be surprised with what you draw from them.

There are newer employer reviews for Pepsi Bottling