Pepsi MidAmerica

www.pepsimidamerica.com
  www.pepsimidamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pepsi MidAmerica

How do they recognize a good worker when they fire potential good workers left and right.

Current Employee - Shipping  in  Marion, IL
Current Employee - Shipping in Marion, IL

I have been working at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours 8-5 are great hours to work. It is a pretty relaxed environment too.

Cons

Some potential employees have to enter the company in a entry level department. Some but not all workers here are burnt out on training so good luck receiving good quality training if you get one of these people.

To prevent burnout from a potentially good worker, have only one or two people train and have this be their main job unless there is no one to train at the time. Care!! Until proven wrong by the employee,give people a chance to prove themselves, monitor whats going on with new hires, don't just sit in your office all day.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Pepsi MidAmerica (View Most Recent)

Driver - Effingham Depot

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  Effingham, IL
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Effingham, IL

I have been working at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time

Pros

The people who work at the Effingham depot are among the best I've ever worked with. I can honestly say that if I didn't like my immediate co-workers/management as much as I do, I would have quit long ago.

Cons

Everything else.

The minute that you have to involve Marion in any equasion, expect trouble. From the loading of trucks, to the dreaded Recon department constantly threatening to short your paycheck, everything that involves marion is a nightmare.

Here is an average day as a Pepsi driver now.....

Arrive at 0600. Trailers probably aren't on time. Can arrive as late as 0930. Once you do get started, be prepared to fight the other drivers for a truck that might concievably pass a DOT inspection.

And since you got a late start, all of your customers are mad now, and some of them have cutoff times for deliveries. Heaven help you if you have Wal-Mart on you! And I hope you don't have plans this evening, because getting a 3 hour late start thanks to Marion's incompetance is not a valid excuse to miss an account. Don't bother asking your manager to redispatch it either, because Marion will reprimand both you and your manager for missing said stop.

It is not unusual for a driver to return to the depot as late as 1900....

When you're out on route, depending on your area, your customers will treat you with wildly varying degrees of respect. But they ALL hate Pepsi Midamerica. All of them. Most of them are smart enough to realize that you aren't solely responsible for the poor service. Others... not so much.

Also, your sales rep (the guy who makes the orders that you're delivering), has to reach his sales goals, or he can get fired. So be prepared for some severly overstocked backrooms and angry customers.

Then you have to fill out a stack of paperwork when you get back, and you better pray that everything balances out. They have even started deducting pay for the pallets! And it's really hard to get your PALLET count to balance when -

A) we leave pallets at some customers, and we may not pick up as much as we leave. It's just the nature of the beast.

And B) The start of day load paperwork from Marion has the wrong pallet count. Every day. 100% of the time. Never seen it right since I started, never heard of it being right from anyone else.

And I haven't even mentioned the fact that they routinely short you actual product as well. So you have to catch and fix every piddly mistake that should have been caught and fixed by the loaders. And if you don't, expect a notice from Recon within a day or so.

Don't even get me started on the equipment either.... Of all the trucks on our lot, I'd say only 50% are safe to drive. And the trailers we get from Marion are a joke. The liftgates barely work. Turn signals work when they want to. Some of their brakes are so badly worn that they would be more useful as hood ornaments. And you can write up DVIR slips all you want - if the truck is capable of running, it won't get serviced.

Sell the company to PepsiCo. You've had your fun, now take the big check and let some real men come in and do things right.

If you don't want to do that, then my next suggestion is this : Stop treating your employees like thieves. We all live in constant fear of the Recon department, because if anything goes wrong, Marion's first and only response is to dock the driver's pay. I almost got my paycheck docked because a customer closed their business and their last check bounced. How is that my fault??

Pay your employees a livable wage, and knock off all the bullying and scare tactics, and maybe you could actually keep a decent crew. And someday, Pepsi won't be the laughingstock of the DSD industry.

Ddicated Merchandiser

Former Employee - Dedicated Merchandiser  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Dedicated Merchandiser in Louisville, KY

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hours of work, stready work with no fear of termination unless you complain about treatment

Cons

Treated like a slave, You sign a noncompete that is straight out of the 1920's and uses common knowledge as protected information. Total lack of respect for the employee to quote "Person is not important, just make sure a body can put the product on the shelf".

Wake up, employees are your most valuable asset. They are the ones that are the face of your company and build relationships with the customer.

There are newer employer reviews for Pepsi MidAmerica

Worked for Pepsi MidAmerica? Contribute to the Community!