PepsiCo

Rewarding, challenging.

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager
Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

People are excellent and competent. Culture of inclusion, taking ownership and pride in what we do.

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge. High performance culture where it makes it difficult to keep normal hours. Hourly folks are treated well, have some opportunities with salaried folks.

2080 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

It's not terrible, but it's not great either.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

At the warehouse I operated out of, the management made a very conscious effort towards inclusion and diversity. Indeed, it was not uncommon for the warehouse to participate in the local pride parade. Also, as a salaried Sales Specialist, you didn't have to worry about commission. I often worked less than 40 hours and still made more than some of the guys on the commissioned routes. Frito is also pretty good about showing appreciation for you through meetings, parties, and small gits of appreciation (movie tickets and the like)

Cons

The hours can be very long. This is especially true during the holidays (Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Super Bowl, etc.), and you can expect to work 70+ hours during those times. Further, starting out, you will undoubtedly be on one of their ubiquitous trucks which are old and lack heating or air conditioning (this was especially painful during the summer months). Management can be capable or terrible, depending on the route.

Stop hiring bachelor's students with no experience for your management program and instead promote drivers into those positions or hire people into management with some experience. I quit Frito-Lay because of the idiotic unprofessional actions of one of your management trainees.

Good!

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

good experience
    decent pay
    harworking
    diversity
    innovative

Cons

working long hours
    reource allocation