PepsiCo

Wasteland

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Akron, OH
Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Akron, OH

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Not many, steady paycheck with avgerage benefits. The product is in high demand so it sells itself despite the young college grads pretending to be management.

Cons

work/life balance, Chinese overtime should be banned. 70hrs a week which 30 hours will be for between $5 and $10 an hour , not worth it. It will destory a family.

1991 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Overworked w/o benefits, time off, and compensation to make it worth it

Current Employee - Operations Resource in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Resource in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great entry-level leadership experience for someone right out of college
    Big company name and leadership training pulls some weight at other companies
    Extremely high manager turnover makes for a fast track for promotions

Cons

Talked about if you work less than 10 hours a day
    Primary job is fire-fighting; no time to work on real projects to improve the business
    Your career and development are at best a secondary consideration
    They move managers between departments and shifts without notice or discussion

Something needs to be done to slow down the turnover rate and to show the resources you value them as employees.

Dysfunctional Fun

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Boylston, MA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Boylston, MA

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

A good physical work-out, relatively simple mindless work, decent pay. It takes some time to get into shape; they give you 3 months to ramp up your numbers.

Cons

I was a part-time worker, and there is a definite double-standard between full and part-time. You need to drink the kool-aid and deliver, but even that wasn't enough in some cases. I saw people fired and/or punished (a weeks suspension) despite being a long-term (years +) employee. Most people, myself included, last only a few months. It was weeks before I found someone who was more than 6 months employed. I was fired because I needed to change my availability.
    Very strange culture of micro-measurement of performance.
    Generically a bullying culture, where people were supposed to feel guilty, work perpetually faster and more accurately, while management claims to be willing to do anything to support success, but never actually does anything to fix a real problem, or even create a positive atmosphere. Literally working without totes to put the product into (using cardboard which slows the rate), you couldn't find a pen or a clipboard to save your life, yet you would waste hours in meetings. A mindless 'by the books' corporate attitude, except when it didn't suit them. Kind of psycho. Lot's of corporate training at the beginning about pepsico values, very little on the floor where you need it. Glad to be gone.

Get a moral conscience. The lowest paid, hardest working people are not a profit center. Stop squeezing profits from the bottom workers. Pay a decent wage, work at a reasonable rate of speed, work a full shift and manage people's time better. This could have been a fun long-term job for many people, but management is dysfunctional.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo