There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

mixed

Current Employee - Director Strategy in Purchase, NY
Current Employee - Director Strategy in Purchase, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

great brands, exciting category, global company

Cons

leadership weak, no clear direction moving forward, focus on cost cutting

fire them

1878 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

great

Current Employee - RSA in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - RSA in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Hours, pay, advancement, benefits, big company

Cons

Long hours, have to wait for positions to open,

Career advancement advice

Terrible Experience Slimy Company

Current Employee - Microbiologist in Valhalla, NY
    Current Employee - Microbiologist in Valhalla, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Safe environment other than that not many positives. It had better be considering they don't give most of their science staff health insurance.

Cons

Perma-temps:

Pepsi is a deeply delusional company. They love to give themselves kudos as an ethical company when in practice they are quite the opposite. Walk around Barrington, IL or Valhalla, NY and everyone is a "contractor" especially their science staff. Pepsi loves to use temp agencies to shield themselves from employer laws and having to provide benefits.

They treat their contractors terribly to avoid getting sued like Microsoft. They make a point of excluding them from any social events and kick them out of meetings because they don't trust them with sensitive information despite signing a nondisclosure agreement. They also almost never hire them permanently. Some people have been there as a "temp" for 3 years or more. Most eventually quit and either get another job or leave the field.

I hold post graduate level education in science and I hated working for Pepsi so much I was planning going back to school for a business degree and a career change. I will never eat or drink a Pepsi product again. I also will never allow my children pursue a career in science because of scumbag companies like Pepsi.

Your delusional claims about being ethical gets very old very fast. Is it really a wise business practice to fill your company with workers who have no stake in Pepsi's success and hate your guts for cheating them?

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo