PepsiCo

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Terrible Experience Slimy Company

Current Employee - Microbiologist in Valhalla, NY
Current Employee - Microbiologist in Valhalla, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Safe environment other than that not many positives. It had better be considering they don't give most of their science staff health insurance.

Cons

Perma-temps:

Pepsi is a deeply delusional company. They love to give themselves kudos as an ethical company when in practice they are quite the opposite. Walk around Barrington, IL or Valhalla, NY and everyone is a "contractor" especially their science staff. Pepsi loves to use temp agencies to shield themselves from employer laws and having to provide benefits.

They treat their contractors terribly to avoid getting sued like Microsoft. They make a point of excluding them from any social events and kick them out of meetings because they don't trust them with sensitive information despite signing a nondisclosure agreement. They also almost never hire them permanently. Some people have been there as a "temp" for 3 years or more. Most eventually quit and either get another job or leave the field.

I hold post graduate level education in science and I hated working for Pepsi so much I was planning going back to school for a business degree and a career change. I will never eat or drink a Pepsi product again. I also will never allow my children pursue a career in science because of scumbag companies like Pepsi.

Your delusional claims about being ethical gets very old very fast. Is it really a wise business practice to fill your company with workers who have no stake in Pepsi's success and hate your guts for cheating them?

1954 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Warehouse in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Auburn, ME

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Benefits, pay, family time, and everything

Cons

Not enough moving up the ladder

Keep it up

Good experience first job out of college.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great work-life balance
    Positive employees who are willing to assist
    Great opportunity to gain quite a bit of real world experience

Cons

Little formal training, shadowing is the best way to learn your position
    Large company: You are a number not a name

Senior management needs to understand that even though we understand pleasing shareholders is important, it shouldn't come at the expense of jobs of hard working employees.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo