PepsiCo
www.pepsico.com Purchase, NY 5000+ Employees

Terrible Experience Slimy Company

Microbiologist (Current Employee)
Valhalla, NY

ProsSafe environment other than that not many positives. It had better be considering they don't give most of their science staff health insurance.

ConsPerma-temps:

Pepsi is a deeply delusional company. They love to give themselves kudos as an ethical company when in practice they are quite the opposite. Walk around Barrington, IL or Valhalla, NY and everyone is a "contractor" especially their science staff. Pepsi loves to use temp agencies to shield themselves from employer laws and having to provide benefits.

They treat their contractors terribly to avoid getting sued like Microsoft. They make a point of excluding them from any social events and kick them out of meetings because they don't trust them with sensitive information despite signing a nondisclosure agreement. They also almost never hire them permanently. Some people have been there as a "temp" for 3 years or more. Most eventually quit and either get another job or leave the field.

I hold post graduate level education in science and I hated working for Pepsi so much I was planning going back to school for a business degree and a career change. I will never eat or drink a Pepsi product again. I also will never allow my children pursue a career in science because of scumbag companies like Pepsi.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour delusional claims about being ethical gets very old very fast. Is it really a wise business practice to fill your company with workers who have no stake in Pepsi's success and hate your guts for cheating them?

Great pay and compensation but no life...

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Bemidji, MN

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros: Great pay and benefits can't be beat! It is a great job… Cons: No life balance... Expect to work a minimum 55 hours a week and I have hit 80 before during the busy times of year. Management… Advice to Senior Management: Start promoting from within the company. There are several people in my roll that have Bachelor degrees and would be great in management and operations!… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Positive

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros: Learning experience and company's size Cons: Slow decision making process, unclear strategy No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PepsiCo.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.