PepsiCo

www.pepsico.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Most things here are contradictory.

Current Employee - MEM in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - MEM in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

Pay is decent (when overtime is not cut off).
Occasional freebies.
Good co-workers.
(Wow, really thought I would have more than this...)

Cons

Family life/personal time is severely limited.
Directions given are often contradictory. (ex: this is the policy, and we're going to stick to it. however, this time the customer has a mitigating circumstance, so this one time we'll...)
Sales projections seem unrealistic, given the economy.
Too many brands; we're competing against ourselves. Further, if a product fails once, why would you reintroduce it a few years later with a minor tweak and expect it to perform any differently?
If you are not in sales, going to virtually any "roundtable" meeting is an incredible waste of time. If you work for Pepsico and are not actively selling products, you are tolerated as a lesser evil, and when the inevitable and frequent threats of lay-off begin, sales, which is floundering, is bolstered, while key support positions are cut, or forced to do more work with fewer resources.
Time spent mastering your job and department is worthless compared to some just out of school college graduate, who are frequently hired with no practical experience, and placed in management positions.
In support positions, vital supplies are frequently cut off, requiring you to scramble for parts to do your job, or causing huge delays to our customers.
Upper middle management speaks to you as if you lack basic comprehension skills. When material is presented in a meeting, the HR director will read every word that's written for you.
Raises are slow, and average between 2 and 2.5 percent.
No autonomy, but you are still expected to behave with the customer as if you had autonomy. Whenever a decision is actually required, you have to sneak off and confer with management, even if you know the eventual outcome.

No more roundtable meetings, unless you're in sales.
Meetings in general would benefit by just presenting the material. All of us can read.
Once a directive is set, stick with it and don't cave in to situational pressures. Be consistent.
Less focus on new products. LTOs and revamps of failed products are not helping us, in the long run.
Require the lower echelons of management to have familiarity with the jobs the people working under them are doing. A MEM or MES should be more than basically familiar with the workings of equiptment, as a fleet TSM would be able to repair a vehicle.

2163 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Great people, terrible CEO and Board

Current Employee - Sales Director in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing culture
    Hard working front line
    Will to win
    Strong Brands

Cons

CEO is too busy positioning herself for a role in Obama's administration
    Board that is asleep: unwilling to address poor performance from the executive team
    Lack of investment in North American business - especially Frito Lay
    Weak marketing: at best, a group of fast followers but more like slow followers.

To the board: dump Indra ASAP

Great pay and compensation but no life...

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Bemidji, MN
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Bemidji, MN

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great pay and benefits can't be beat! It is a great job and if done properly the physical activity will add years to your mobility.

Cons

No life balance... Expect to work a minimum 55 hours a week and I have hit 80 before during the busy times of year. Management really ruins the experience, never being satisfied and constantly pushing you. If you don't get on to the management track when your first hired then moving up in the company is almost out of the question.

Even with their great benefits they don't expect people to stay there long enough to become vested in their programs.

Start promoting from within the company. There are several people in my roll that have Bachelor degrees and would be great in management and operations! Yet you hire young kids that have no work experience and are just dragging the company down.

Be honest with your employees and stop lying to them, we are smart enough to know when the wool is being pulled over our eyes and it is disrespectful.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo