good

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pay is good for not having

Cons

hours and days are long

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Supportive culture and good people

Former Employee - Line Lead in Wytheville, VA
    Former Employee - Line Lead in Wytheville, VA

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked the people that I worked with. Every company has a level of bureaucracy, but the plant manager and staff were good people and meant well. When I worked there, I appreciated being given a level of creative latitude through TPM processes and later on, high performance work systems concepts. You do not get a lot of creative latitude in most places. Great training programs to develop team members. HR worked with team members to improve policies to include vacation days and emergency days. Overall positive experience for me as an operator and a lead.

Cons

-At the time, most people worked long hours and rarely had a day off. I have heard that this has been improved since then. -It has been awhile, so I cannot comment well on other potential opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the inclusive culture and supportive management staff. The personal development works (it has helped me go far in my career).

Contradictions

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Job and salary Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Health and wellness programs Ethnic marketing programs Good people in general that will help you out Exempt salary levels are consistent across the organization so living in Plano is great since salary levels match NY (high COL) so I make out like royalty! People living Chicago too!

Cons

NO career path - weak manager/ dead end/pigeon hole position/ inconsistent review practices Bad (people and business) managers protected if kiss the right people Review process tailored to you where you are in salary grade (i.e., if low in grade get better review/pay raise) - also inconsistent across the organization still; how can you have for three years that a "2" out of "5" being the norm and be frowned upon? That is setting people up to be stuck in their career or open to be let go.. hmmmm..... Management protecting themselves for their bonuses Inconsistent following of policies - freeze on travel means no travel unless meeting customer but you see the department head go to a regional meeting that is not customer related Managers are not GENUINE - they have to tow the company line and aren't there for their people; only certain employees are "critical" like the ones that are in rotational assignments; the majority of us won't get too far if at all... some are promoted and we wonder why ... HR is not your friend so don't vent to them Activities skewed to make up for any metrics (i.e., bad Org Health Survey meant pretty little functions to boost morale, bad sales - beat up operations for not executing and reward marketing with more outside agency contracts) Morale low - esp finance and marketing, one survey had people using Pepsi as a stepping stone to their next position (revolving door).. um so there is a promote from within but ... Annual layoffs and replace with unemployed people (to underpay) or recent grads (to underpay) so they can be pigeon-holed or progress slowly unless contractors are hired ... Job postings with long lead times to fill or even NOT FILL just to show that they're hiring Culture - Chicago - Analysis paralysis, NY - big bang marketing, Plano - Execute in the field, we lead so we don't need cutting edge nor R&D; funny how out of all the location NY was the most conservative and really only wanted to talk about family values (ironic since it is one of the most liberal states next to California), Plano was the most open (ironic since it is in a conservative state)

Advice to Management

Consolidate the HQs, there is still the old legacy old mentality, FLNA, Quaker/Gatorade/Trop, Pepsi; from my work on OneUp Chicago folks didn't seem to have enough to do so they lead in D&I efforts, Pepsi folks were worked so hard working they didn't have time to enjoy lunch nor felt they could take time for a doctor's appointment, FLNA were too into themselves but should get a beat down when the bottling group comes in and shows them that they're not the only 900 pound gorilla in the room.