There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

PepsiCo-Quaker/Tropicana/Gatorade

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities.
Great benefits.
Well known brands.

Cons

No 401k matching.
Poor organization in business models.
Poor training for new roles.

Have a better on boarding process for those individuals who need training in their new roles. Be ahead of the games in terms of plans for the year, rather than waiting until the last minute to try and make your sales targets.

1882 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Most things here are contradictory.

Current Employee - MEM in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - MEM in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

Pay is decent (when overtime is not cut off).
    Occasional freebies.
    Good co-workers.
    (Wow, really thought I would have more than this...)

Cons

Family life/personal time is severely limited.
    Directions given are often contradictory. (ex: this is the policy, and we're going to stick to it. however, this time the customer has a mitigating circumstance, so this one time we'll...)
    Sales projections seem unrealistic, given the economy.
    Too many brands; we're competing against ourselves. Further, if a product fails once, why would you reintroduce it a few years later with a minor tweak and expect it to perform any differently?
    If you are not in sales, going to virtually any "roundtable" meeting is an incredible waste of time. If you work for Pepsico and are not actively selling products, you are tolerated as a lesser evil, and when the inevitable and frequent threats of lay-off begin, sales, which is floundering, is bolstered, while key support positions are cut, or forced to do more work with fewer resources.
    Time spent mastering your job and department is worthless compared to some just out of school college graduate, who are frequently hired with no practical experience, and placed in management positions.
    In support positions, vital supplies are frequently cut off, requiring you to scramble for parts to do your job, or causing huge delays to our customers.
    Upper middle management speaks to you as if you lack basic comprehension skills. When material is presented in a meeting, the HR director will read every word that's written for you.
    Raises are slow, and average between 2 and 2.5 percent.
    No autonomy, but you are still expected to behave with the customer as if you had autonomy. Whenever a decision is actually required, you have to sneak off and confer with management, even if you know the eventual outcome.

No more roundtable meetings, unless you're in sales.
    Meetings in general would benefit by just presenting the material. All of us can read.
    Once a directive is set, stick with it and don't cave in to situational pressures. Be consistent.
    Less focus on new products. LTOs and revamps of failed products are not helping us, in the long run.
    Require the lower echelons of management to have familiarity with the jobs the people working under them are doing. A MEM or MES should be more than basically familiar with the workings of equiptment, as a fleet TSM would be able to repair a vehicle.

frito-lay is great!!

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great pay... benitfs are great... 401k and pension

Cons

hourse are long and sometimes dont get day off

work us a 4 day 3 off