**Alert: I Have Become So Jaded!"

Current Employee - IT Specialist  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - IT Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great people to work with. Great product. Lots of product innovation.

Cons

Promotions and recognition is not performance based; it is based on race, gender, age. Nearly impossible to make it into management internally. "You have to come in at a high level"

Please take a deeper look at how IT and Audit are assigning very expensive consultants who are non-productive. I am fairly convinced there must be some corruption in the system. Specifically I have seen PWC get awarded more and more projects with Audit and PBSG after they have failed to produce on nearly every occasion. I think someone from Senior Management would have noticed this by now.

Other Reviews for PepsiCo

Great place to work - but watch for burnout!

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Purchase, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

PepsiCo is a constantly evolving work environment. Large organization with positions within domestic or international areas. There are numerous opportunities to gain experience and many driven and highly competent individuals to work with. Employees are treated with respect and professionalism.

Cons

PepsiCo's divisions still tend to maintain their independence and culture. Pepsico tends to be a very fast paced organization that can burn you out, although there has been an effort to create a work life balance... the tendency still is more words work then life. PepsiCo also tends to "clean house" every year or so.

Excellent communication via Town Halls

Great place to start your career . . .

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Marketing - Great place to flex your brain . . challenging environment, surrounded by very smart, intelligent people who push you to the next level. The question is always . .. how can we do this better, faster, smarter? As a result, Frito Lay is a fast paced company that consistently delivers solid business results. You can definitely make a difference at whatever level you find yourself - Assistant, Director, or VP.

Cons

Marketing - Work life balance can be a challenge. Due to the do it faster, better, smarter mentality, we are consistently overlapping ourselves. As a result, people often feel overloaded because their best just isn't good enough . . we must do more. Another issue that comes up often is that we never let a decision stand long enough to determine if the outcome is beneficial to the company. If it isn't an instant success, we often scrap it in lieu of another idea that is destined to be bigger and better. This often leads to burn out and a devaluing of one's work.

Marketing - Value, Value, Value your employees. . . when people work hard, they should be rewarded more often to ensure that their contributions are not overlooked. Often times, there is a recency effect that goes into play that does not allow for everyone to be recognized.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!