There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

**Alert: I Have Become So Jaded!"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Plano, TX
Current Employee - IT Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great people to work with. Great product. Lots of product innovation.

Cons

Promotions and recognition is not performance based; it is based on race, gender, age. Nearly impossible to make it into management internally. "You have to come in at a high level"

Please take a deeper look at how IT and Audit are assigning very expensive consultants who are non-productive. I am fairly convinced there must be some corruption in the system. Specifically I have seen PWC get awarded more and more projects with Audit and PBSG after they have failed to produce on nearly every occasion. I think someone from Senior Management would have noticed this by now.

1884 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Great place to start your career . . .

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Marketing - Great place to flex your brain . . challenging environment, surrounded by very smart, intelligent people who push you to the next level. The question is always . .. how can we do this better, faster, smarter? As a result, Frito Lay is a fast paced company that consistently delivers solid business results. You can definitely make a difference at whatever level you find yourself - Assistant, Director, or VP.

Cons

Marketing - Work life balance can be a challenge. Due to the do it faster, better, smarter mentality, we are consistently overlapping ourselves. As a result, people often feel overloaded because their best just isn't good enough . . we must do more. Another issue that comes up often is that we never let a decision stand long enough to determine if the outcome is beneficial to the company. If it isn't an instant success, we often scrap it in lieu of another idea that is destined to be bigger and better. This often leads to burn out and a devaluing of one's work.

Marketing - Value, Value, Value your employees. . . when people work hard, they should be rewarded more often to ensure that their contributions are not overlooked. Often times, there is a recency effect that goes into play that does not allow for everyone to be recognized.

I can't imagine working anywhere else!

Current Employee - Senior Group Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Group Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great Company, Great Benefits, Great People! There is never a lack of challenging work to do and everyday can be a learning experience if you want it to be. I have been fortunate to work for nothing but great leaders in my tenure with Frito-Lay and have learned a variety of skills that I will be able to use throughout the rest of my career. The leadership at Frito-Lay is very good from the top(CEO, Indra) to the front line sales manager. Frito really cares about each and everyone of their employees and tries hard to set everyone of them up for succes!

Cons

Very high expecations and work life balance can be challenging if you manager isn't supportive. In the field it's all about the numbers, and we typically do hit the number! You have to be careful when moving from job to job and really look at the leader you will be working for as well as the job you are applying for, While every leader I have had has been exceptional, I have heard a few horror stories during my career. If you are in the field, the pressure to hit your sales targets can be overwhelming at times. Frito is all about the numbers, it's top priority!

Some of the communication to the field from Sr Management seems to be cold, especially when it come to compensation changes and policies.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo