PepsiCo
3.2 of 5 1,472 reviews
www.pepsico.com Purchase, NY 5000+ Employees

great learning experience but organization lacks direction

Chicago, IL

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

ProsHaving PepsiCo on your resume
Ability to learn about processes and systems if proactive
Great amenities
Inclusive culture
fun perks
True work/life balance

ConsOrganization has too many layers of management which causes poor communication between divisions. Too many middle managers execute initiatives properly.
Lack of accountability amongst middle management
Only way to increase salary significantly is to leave and come back
Since 2008 economy has weakened premium brands (Quaker & Gatorade)
Middle management will slow growth by discouraging acquisition of additional responsibility
Large disparity in talent amongst peers
Will often promote on tenure over acumen

Advice to Senior ManagementDecision makers are afraid to actually make decisions because of yearly workforce reduction. The company needs to become more lean to foster sustainable growth. There is also too much overlap amongst job responsibilities. Organization needs to make sure that employees have ability to learn other portions of the business to create value. Make sure you weed out poor managers that create unhappy counter-cultures.

High quality people trying to survive in a tough environment

Senior Director Procurement (Current Employee)
Somers, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: High quality, very loyal workforce. You will learn a lot. Many, many opportunities to add value. Great relationships with external partners… Cons: Lost its "work hard, play hard" reputation. Huge disconnect with how sr executives value contributions made by a quality work force. Core issue… Advice to Senior Management: Be wary of new sr executives who come in and say the existing work force is not competent. Employee base has always been open… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Living the dream

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Boylston, MA

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good pay, thats about it. You will work for it… Cons: Work comes before your personal life. Days off don`t matter. Forget being sick or having a… Advice to Senior Management: Work with employees. Let them do their jobs themselves. Stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on PepsiCo.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.