PepsiCo

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Highly Skilled Driver!

Current Employee - Tdd Sales in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Tdd Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is a great company to work for! Good pay and good benefits.

Cons

The hours are rough. The job is demanding at times!

1991 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Terrible company to work for.

Current Employee - Pre-Sell Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pre-Sell Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Perceived to be a good company to work for.

Cons

Pay and benefits are really poor considering the hours you are expected to put in. There is absolutely no work-life balance - those are all just talking points upper management uses to pat themselves on the back. The company has very unrealistic expectations. At this particular location, they manage by threats, write-ups and embarrassment. Most of the pre-sell reps here have 25-35 account calls per day and we get chastised for not making all the stops and not selling in enough new items and we are expected to open news accounts, in addition to doing a lot of merchandising and displays, which all have to be set up 100% perfectly to national corporate standards, regardless of local demographics and top selling items.

Give the sales reps more leeway on displays and let them use a little of their own discretion. If you want the accounts serviced and merchandised to your standards, you should consider adding more reps and giving us smaller territories, because it is unrealistic to expect us to go to stores extra times during big sales, work backstock, etc, when we already have a 12 hour a day job. Drivers should also have dedicated routes, as having a different driver every day in some areas gives them no accountability and no sense of team work. Also, I would suggest some better sales tracking software for the reps. The current handheld is archaic and borderline impossible to drill down on long term purchasing trends within individual accounts. That information would be extremely useful with the turnover being as high as it's been. When you are thrown into a new route and hiven virtually no information about the route, you are setting us up for failure.

Good Pay, No Life,

Former Employee - Warehouser II in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouser II in Houston, TX

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you can prove your competent you may get promoted to warehouser 2, but there's really no room for growth within the warehouse. If you stay long enough you will get easier duties like splitting the work for the team and hostling trucks.

Cons

If a team member doesnt show it really hurts the team because the workload is heavier which means longer shifts but you are compensated well.

They really arent needed, only to tell you how fast or slow you're moving.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo