Account Management and Pseudo Merchandiser Management

Former Employee - Account Sales Manager in Riviera Beach, FL
Former Employee - Account Sales Manager in Riviera Beach, FL

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pepsi was a great company to work for in the beginning of my career. The pay was OK and the benefits were great. The people were great to work with and I learned a lot about account management.

Cons

Physical labor, amount of hours worked, gigantic corporate centralization, politics and pay did not increase very much. They would always find a way to restructure the commission so that you made essentially the same as you did the year before.

Advice to Management

Just because someone is a good sales person will not make them a good manager.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

Terrible company to work for.

Current Employee - Pre-Sell Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pre-Sell Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Perceived to be a good company to work for.

Cons

Pay and benefits are really poor considering the hours you are expected to put in. There is absolutely no work-life balance - those are all just talking points upper management uses to pat themselves on the back. The company has very unrealistic expectations. At this particular location, they manage by threats, write-ups and embarrassment. Most of the pre-sell reps here have 25-35 account calls per day and we get chastised for not making all the stops and not selling in enough new items and we are expected to open news accounts, in addition to doing a lot of merchandising and displays, which all have to be set up 100% perfectly to national corporate standards, regardless of local demographics and top selling items.

Advice to Management

Give the sales reps more leeway on displays and let them use a little of their own discretion. If you want the accounts serviced and merchandised to your standards, you should consider adding more reps and giving us smaller territories, because it is unrealistic to expect us to go to stores extra times during big sales, work backstock, etc, when we already have a 12 hour a day job. Drivers should also have dedicated routes, as having a different driver every day in some areas gives them no accountability and no sense of team work. Also, I would suggest some better sales tracking software for the reps. The current handheld is archaic and borderline impossible to drill down on long term purchasing trends within individual accounts. That information would be extremely useful with the turnover being as high as it's been. When you are thrown into a new route and hiven virtually no information about the route, you are setting us up for failure.

Not as good as it sounds

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

none really far to many reoccurring problems.

Cons

overworked ,deceived and manipulated with many problems constantly caused by the company resulting in constant strife and problems.

Advice to Management

get it together and really care about your teammates.