There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Pepsico

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great brands, competent people, challenging assignments, respect from trade customers, good division headquarter locations, great variety of desirable geographic locations for assignments given their plant and sales office locations

Cons

For the last seven years, there have been DEEP layoffs corporation wide every February / March. This is a huge distraction to the business and breeds disloyalty among all levels.

1898 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Shadow of a company it once was:(

Former Employee - Analyst in Purchase, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in Purchase, NY

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Conveinent location throughout tri-state area. World recognized brands with talented visionaries. Great name to have on resume.

Cons

Sadly, there are more cons than pros! Constant re-org and layoffs instilled a very toxic and demoralizing environment. Staff is extremely overworked. Many departmental managers, directors and vp's never show up for work! While collecting large sums of money...leaving the middle/support staff overworked and not challenged. No appreciation or recognition for hard work, loyalty and commitment to company. No real career path or succession plan of career. Translation – NO GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES! People are put into positions because of how the look and who they know. Let’s face it – Pepsi is a world class branding company; and that rolls into the “types” of people they put into positions (unfortunately many managers, dir, and VP’s are not qualified for the positions they hold). They claim to be such an advocate of work-life balance and workplace development; yet they stripped away opportunities for: Job-share, part time, flextime, telecommuting. Not part of the culture, it is a case by case thing. Most of the Managers rely heavily on support staff to carry them. While they offer courses and training for Administrative/Support staff, it is not to help further their careers. They pigeon hole associates into those positions, dumping more accountability but not raising their grade level or title. People are not equitably compensated for type of work and responsibilities they are entrusted with. They don’t value experience and knowledge and thus are losing phenomenal talent. It is a shame really!

Re-evaluate the culture of the company. Understanding PepsiCo has many Fortune 1000 companies under its umbrella; realize it is difficult to morph established cultures into one giant culture. POWER of ONE not be just about branding, but about strengthening and recognizing talent. Pay close attention to those you entrust in departmental management (Directors and VP’s included!). Hold random weigh ins with those in support roles (Administrative, Coordinators, Analysts, Specialists…etc.) on how they feel their managers are doing. Allow them to participate in Managerial review feedback – or 360’s. Do organizational surveys once a year…..and really pay attention to them! And hold value and respect those who do Perform with Purpose! Not just show up for work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I say this because, while I left the company earlier this year, after nearly two decades; I still have pride and love for the company! And wish it continued success….more importantly, I would like to see it become the company and namesake it once was! Good luck!

Good money. No respect. No work life balance!

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is great for no college degree.

Cons

Pressure. Pressure... No matter how good you do it isn't enough! I lead my disrict in sales 1 year and was in the top 3 every year but it meant nothing! DSL's take advantage of the great workers and let the slackers- slack-reverse credit. No work life balance-you will stress about work a lot off the job! You will probably make the same money in year 10 as year 2-raises don't happen. It is commission but it is kind of controlled by time and physical demand. Managment knows this but don't care.

The true preformer needs to have space and room to grow. If they truly want us to grow they will allow that space and the ability to greatly increase our pay. Let's face it money is the only reason any of us do the job-it's not because we don't have anything else to do!

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo