There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

This place WAS great before new middle management was set in place. Now it is like a prison and JUST a paycheck.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and perks are good.

Cons

New management is horrible! Blind leading the blind! Average raise is only 2%, even if you show initiative and work your tail off. No room for advancement. Revolving door of employees/managers, constant change leading to utter chaos, no solid direction in any of the departments. Organization, leadership, common sense and "the buck stops here" are NON-existent. Training, what training? It's sink or swim only. If you are a Union member, you are safe, otherwise watch your back! A lot of politics and favoritism. Company morale has been shot dead and buried, with no chance for a rising Phoenix.

Advice to Management

Weed out middle management, there are some rotten apples in the barrel. Bring back managers that worked under PBG, before PepsiCo re-took over.

reviews filtered by

Steady work, no room for development in some plants

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Steady work, fair pay and benefits for the type of work

Cons

Sometimes not family friendly with work hours and time off. Work and family life balance is almost non existent for non-management employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team. Build a great team through support not fear for your job,

2. A decent place to work, but be careful.

Former Employee - General Warehouse Laborer in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - General Warehouse Laborer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at PepsiCo part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Decent wages.
    -Union.
    -Good Overtime.
    -Good job security once you get into the union.

Cons

-Very little supervision. I worked at Frito for half a year, till I was attacked, unprovoked, by a particularly horrible coworker. He ran away from me, and I went straight into my boss' office to report what happened. After a rather pathetic "investigation", they fired both of us. Despite me being the victim, and not fighting back, I was fired for being attacked at work.

This lack of supervision also extends to their forklift drivers, who will speed around the warehouse, neglect using their horn, and act oblivious to their surroundings. Case in point, this is not a safe place to work.

Advice to Management

Do your jobs! Try to actually listen to what your employees are telling you, and put forth effort into your investigations. I know effort is hard, and there are only so many hours in a day, but you are playing games with people's live here.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo